XCR Forum banner

New Canadian

4K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  werewolf 
#1 ·
New to the sight, just looking at adding an XCR to the fleet and researching what it all means. Had a fellow,offer me a gen2 keymod medium barrel. Any info and discussion reaction is appreciated.
Cheers
W99

#2 ·
Welcome! Many of your fellow countrymen are on here.
What caliber is the rifle?
The keymod version have been very good QC wise with no outstanding issues that I know of. Wolverine I believe is the the distributor/dealer in Canada has been very supportive of the XCR if there has been any individual issues, and so has Robinson Arms (RA).
The challenge has been the 7.62 magazines, although they have gotten better, they can be a little finicky. The 30 rounders especially, I don't think you can have 30 in Canada so this may not be an issue for you.
Good luck.

#3 ·
It's a gen 2 XCR-m , I am trading him my National Match Springfield M1a for it as I just recently purchased an Israeli defence sniper M14 parts kit and am gonna build it into a heavy barrel m1a platform. Figured I didn't need 3 of these rifles. Hate to see the NM go as it's just an awesome forearm but excited to jump into the XCR realm.

#4 ·
Not sure what a NM M1A goes for in Canada....but it's a good trade down here. When you say "Gen 2" though....do you mean it has the upgraded bbl extension/gas tube that helped improve accuracy?

#5 ·
Given the broad and accessible support Wolverine provides for the XCR, it probably makes more sense for a Canadian to take up the platform than an American. M1A was never really intended for optics. XCR, mount whatever you want to it. Apples to oranges. Welcome to a new era in firearms design.

#6 ·
Well having owned and worked on M1A's or more directly Norinco M30B and XCR's, welcome to the group and don't think twice about the choice. You have the latest generation rifle if you go with this trade unless you consider the new long forends and low profile gas blocks to be a new generation (well FAST 3 stock too). If you want a lighter modern battle rifle, don't think twice about it. I have no hands on with the national match M1A's, with today's prices up here for both it's not a bad trade (I think).

It will be much easier to get parts and service the XCR for sure. Even though I've grumbled lately about getting parts for some calibers for the XCR-L.

#7 · (Edited)
I put it up for sale to fund an LRB m14 receiver as I picked up an Israeli defense heavy barrel kit from Wolverine and decided to build up essentially the best m14 pattern rifle. An all USGI hammer forged receiver m14, was not looking for trades but this one came up. Now I'm probably putting my other usgi/Norc kit up for sale to fund the cream of the crop receiver cause I couldn't pass up the XCR. I will post a picture of the XCR here shortlisted

#9 ·
Welcome! Sounds like a good trade. The color adds a little value, too. That is an upgrade. I'm not sure about Canadian laws, can you use suppressors? The current gas system hasn't been so great using a suppressor, which is stupid since that is one of the main reasons to have a can.

#11 ·
Yeah, Canadian gun laws are a head scratcher for sure. AR15 is restricted, but XCR and ACR over 18.5" barrel length and longer is fine. Only 5 rounds allowed in a magazine for a rifle unless it is stamped as a pistol mag and will also fit a pistol, then 10 is fine to be used on a range or in public crown land. However, the pistol can only be used at a government approved range. Amongst a ton of other BS ... gotta love being a gun owner in Liberal Canada

#12 ·
Another member from Kanuckistan, welcome. Good looking gun, I was waffling on trading my M for a Tavor over the last day or so, and I think I'm going to keep it. It's a first gen and I have gotten 1.47 " groups, so with some upgraded parts.....and to be honest, I just came up from dicking around with it and I don't think I can let it go. Besides my just sub moa 6.8 would be lonely.:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.