New member looking for advice
Like Tree5Likes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New member looking for advice

New member looking for advice

Hello...new member from Canada. Really interested in getting a Xcr-M .308....Cabelas has one with 18.5 HB, is this the newest version? Is 18.5 HB barrel standard? Any advice from owners of this one would be great. It's going for over 3 grand so I'm trying to do a lot of research before I dive in. I want to use it for small and big game hunting and I want the tactical look and we really don't have much options in canada. Thanks

Like you said, not many options in Canada. I have an M.....reliable gun. Look in the parts section of RA's site: https://robinsonarmament.com/xcr-part-identification/ to find out if it's the latest M generation. HBar can be standard. I'd recommend looking at buying from Wolverine Supplies up in Canada....they are the foremost XCR dealer up there. https://www.wolverinesupplies.com/Pr...NT&sortValue=0
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Sale on xcr-m's right now at wolvetine. $2580 . No back up sights and an m4 stock. Latest gen, keymod, accurized gas system, muzzle break, modified chamber.

Imho, don't waste your money with Cabellas.
    Sean K. and Merlin like this.
    "Up yours!" - Abraham Linclon

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Check the first vent hole in the upper. If there's a gap visible, it's an old model. Also look on the barrel markings for an "M". That indicates the Match chamber.

You can probably find one with no gap without the match chamber. A new gun with the match chamber, to my knowledge, is up to date.
    Merlin likes this.

Like others have said be sure it's the latest generation, and it's better to buy from Wolverine Supplies for sure. I would recommend a light barrel over a heavy barrel too.
    Travis Kay
    www.traviskay.ca
    linkedin.com/in/kaytravis
    twitter.com/traviskay

Thanks for the info, I was looking on wolverine website. How come some go for 36 and others 29? I will call and ask but just curious, same description comes up on website. Why don't you recommend a heavy barrel?

I personally would opt for the light barrel. I also really like the fast stock, but some don't. Be aware there are a few versions of the fast stock. Recently, Robinson turned out one with a longer LOP.
    "Spes Mea in Deo Est"--My hope is in GOD
    The antidote for fifty enemies is one friend.--Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by eclipse2004 View Post
    . Why don't you recommend a heavy barrel?
    Mainly b/c it doesn't really offer anything over the light. It's not really any more accurate....except it takes a little longer to heat up and the groups to open up, but generally, it's not worth the added weight unless you only plan to shoot it at the range off of a rest.

Best of both worlds (though still heavier) would be an HBar that you send out to ADCO or similar to be fluted....

Not sure that's an option in Canada though.....though I'd guess someone up there does comparable work.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Sig
    Quote Originally Posted by mjorin View Post
    I personally would opt for the light barrel.
    Having had both in a 556, I would agree without hesitation.
    If assholes could fly, this place would be JFK international.

Ok another question, I'm looking for a general purpose hunting rifle. I see the M comes in
    .308 and .260....what would owners recommend. Is the bigger caliber worth the extra recoil kick? I do my own reloading.

Also is the stock brake good, any recommendations for a better one to keep it accurate and less recoil?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors