New to the Rifle and the Forum - Page 2
Like Tree2Likes
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to the Rifle and the Forum

Quote Originally Posted by mjorin View Post
    Or two or three. Don't forget barrels!
    Yep...I need to save up to buy 3 more with the type 3 block and gas tube.

That's another problem though: RA's bbls aren't anything special....other than they are rare (which admittedly makes them special in that regard)...which then makes them expensive. $400 per bbl would buy you a very high quality AR bbl.....
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Very true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    Most of us have done the same in terms of stocking up on parts. I have a ton of spare parts and even "spare rifles" if you will.

A lot of the people that left the platform did so b/c RA doesn't appear to be a stable company and frankly, the owner has said a lot to damage the brand. Again, without Canadian laws that restrict just about everything else, RA likely wouldn't survive. In a world of ARs that are $400 (and very good ones are $8-1100), an $1800 rifle had better deliver something extraordinary versus its competitors. While I think it is in terms of design (not really accuracy though)....many do not. To be fair though....the XCR competes more against other top tier ARs or "next gen" platforms like the SCAR, ACR, MCX and Bren....and they are priced close to if not a little more than the XCR. With the current climate of cheap AR prices though....I wonder how well any of these are doing now comparatively. With the drop in demand and lower prices, it doesn't appear they are moving much inventory.

Most people dropping the platform have gone back to the AR....though people drawn to it are often AK guys (due to the simplicity and similar bolt/piston design) and probably go back....at least that's what's been said by those who visit after an absence.
    Travis Kay
    www.traviskay.ca
    linkedin.com/in/kaytravis
    twitter.com/traviskay

I'm waiting on my 6.5 G barrel, priced at $-740 assumed price, considering current prices, and .260 $850 assumed price. Wolverine was going to check with RA to see if we could get barrel costs down. Even when our dollar was at parity or slightly less, we Canadians still have to pay twice the price. After our ridiculous taxes, adding nearly $100 more you feel it, and lump on another 30$ shipping.

Not bitching, but given the base rifle price for us, and how far it's gone up just the last few years when our dollar tanked (and the us dollar tanking). I'm left wondering if I should wait for price adjustments when dollars stabilize .. or get in now.

Yep...I need to save up to buy 3 more with the type 3 block and gas tube.

That's another problem though: RA's bbls aren't anything special....other than they are rare (which admittedly makes them special in that regard)...which then makes them expensive. $400 per bbl would buy you a very high quality AR bbl.....
    Travis Kay
    www.traviskay.ca
    twitter.com/traviskay

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by xdmer View Post
    I'm waiting on my 6.5 G barrel, priced at $-740 assumed price, considering current prices, and .260 $850 assumed price. Wolverine was going to check with RA to see if we could get barrel costs down. Even when our dollar was at parity or slightly less, we Canadians still have to pay twice the price. After our ridiculous taxes, adding nearly $100 more you feel it, and lump on another 30$ shipping.

Not bitching, but given the base rifle price for us, and how far it's gone up just the last few years when our dollar tanked (and the us dollar tanking). I'm left wondering if I should wait for price adjustments when dollars stabilize .. or get in now.
    I dunno....buy it while you can is likely what I'd personally do.....but the price could drop. However, Canada is one mass shooting away from banning the XCR as well so it's something to consider.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

With our Liberal government, this is no joke. We have new gun laws to be announced in December, and planned for Spring 2018 I think. The government firearms advisory committee of 12, only has 2 shooters, if you can say that. One is an Olympic shooter, the other a duck hunter. The rest are all Liberal Anti's openly including representatives of anti-gun orgs, RCMP and Medical Establishment on the anti side. Talk about a stacked deck.
    I dunno....buy it while you can is likely what I'd personally do.....but the price could drop. However, Canada is one mass shooting away from banning the XCR as well so it's something to consider.
    Last edited by xdmer; 10-13-2017 at 10:29 PM.
    Travis Kay
    www.traviskay.ca
    twitter.com/traviskay

Quote Originally Posted by xdmer View Post
    With our Liberal government, this is no joke. We have new gun laws to be announced in December, and planned for Spring 2018 I think. The government firearms advisory committee of 12, only has 2 shooters, if you can say that. One is an Olympic shooter, the other a duck hunter. The rest are all Liberal Anti's openly including representatives of anti-gun orgs, RCMP and Medical Establishment on the anti side. Talk about a stacked deck.
    Sounds like the people of CA need to rise up and claim that which is already inherently theirs by nature of the human condition: the right to self defense and use of arms to do so. Too bad that CA is as full of sheep as the US.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsors