Navy SEAL's take on the XCR. Looking for more info. - Page 2
Like Tree31Likes
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Navy SEAL's take on the XCR. Looking for more info.

20171016_133940.jpg
    Accuracy at its finest

Navy SEAL's take on the XCR. Looking for more info.-20170411_144606.jpg
    .556. Handloads 4 shots 100 yards

Owtlaw how many degrees separated from robarm are you?
    Do what you've always done, get what you've always got. ----- Have gun. Will travel.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

I am not employed by Rob arms. I am a Team shooter and test shooter for them. I consider Alex to be a great friend.

Thank you all for the reply. I am sold

Tired of chasing the "perfect" AR- configuration, I don't think the platform with its Barrel/upper is right for 2017 and beyond. The desire to free float the barrel didn't work (in my opinion) for the AR until LMT built the monolithic upper. YES!! it has worked for a long time but engineering has proven that we can build better. I think that is with the SCAR and XCR, and the XCR is the winner in my book. I have been on many missions where a 6.5 creed barrel and ammo would have been a life saver, over hiking a 15-20 point bolt gun up a mountain.

Does anyone else see the XCR operating system resembles that of a M249/SAW/Mk-46 more than an AK-47? op-rod+ bolt are not connected and are held together. The bolt and fire pin also.

The XCR operating system looks like an upside down Mk-46/48 bolt and op-rod. Which I think is a better and more true benefit to the system. That system was engineered to handle heavy sustained rate of fire. Logically the XCR gas system should be equally as rugged, the only part that breaks on the 46 and 48 is the bolt.

I am concerned about the barrel bolt design in a military application because the ultrasonic airplane vibration has been known to work out some random ass bolts and torque screws.
    I have not studied the system and the rumors about people's barrel bolt coming loose scare me, trust me I take internet Armchair-gun-runners experience with a grain of salt, and the loose barrel bolts could be operator error.
    In the Teams lots of guys had problems with the SCAR simply because they didn't have the time or desire to inspect their gas block regulator and the gun would malfunction. the rumors about the SCAR being a shitty gun would float around every once and a while.

We have seen the barrel bolts back out on occasion but this was attributed to not following the torque specs. Not much if any about the gas blocks coming loose, we did have a couple launch down range because the owner in adjusting the gas left the dial in the removal detente. I recall a couple of out of spec gas dials and broken retaining tabs on the blocks, these were covered/replaced by RA IIRC.
    Most of us follow the torque guidelines with maybe a little extra for insurance and there have not been any recent reports of loose barrel bolts. Some have added the insurance of Blue Loctite but I seem to recall that is not recommended so I could be wrong about this. Someone will set me straight though.
    A couple of owners IIRC have broken the barrel retention bolt by over torquing them and just sourced some Grade 8 type bolt to replace them and just applied the torque to their liking.

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"
    "It Is A Weak Man Who Urges Compromise!!"

Question about gas setting?

When using average power factory ammo which has gas setting is most common? I hear a lot about 60 foot ejection on the lowest setting, so the gun is "over gassed".

I am excited about the advantage that XCR has with the adjustable gas block. A one size fits all gass block that is not adjustable doesn't give the handler the ability to adjust to environmental and situationional changes.
    There will have to be a paradigm shift in the knuckleheaded soldiers so they understand the system is not "set it and forget it".

1 or 2 is the most common. I run mine at 2 but with the new Omni deflector I understand that the setting can be set lower than what your gun was set at before.
    This is with bulk Wolf ammo.

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"
    "It Is A Weak Man Who Urges Compromise!!"

My L runs well on setting 2. We used to have trouble with ejector bolts coming loose. We started using loctite and so did RA. I don't believe that is a problem.

I really like the fast stock, it fits me perfectly. Some folks don't care for it. I also liked the old tube folder, but like the fast even more.
    "Spes Mea in Deo Est"--My hope is in GOD
    The antidote for fifty enemies is one friend.--Aristotle

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsors