Navy SEAL's take on the XCR. Looking for more info. - Page 6
Like Tree31Likes
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Navy SEAL's take on the XCR. Looking for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic View Post
    Technically, they shouldn't be able to sell a pistol with a butt stock in the same order (or within reason). As a physical gun shop, I am expected to make judgement calls on violations that reside in a grey area.
    That's incorrect though. The FAST 2 with the Tailhook isn't a complete FAST 2 stock. The sliding portion of the buttstock is replaced by an adjustable adapter for the Tailhook assembly and is simply a pistol brace. RA was selling this combination directly from the factory during the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Sean, do you have pictures of this brace from RA, I've yet to see it.
    "Spes Mea in Deo Est"--My hope is in GOD
    The antidote for fifty enemies is one friend.--Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by mjorin View Post
    Sean, do you have pictures of this brace from RA, I've yet to see it.
    It's on their site. Main page https://robinsonarmament.com/

It's one of 3 scrolling pics....first is the pistol with the brace, then an article about the M on a YT vid, then an ad saying "Not an AR15, Better!"
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    That's incorrect though. The FAST 2 with the Tailhook isn't a complete FAST 2 stock. The sliding portion of the buttstock is replaced by an adjustable adapter for the Tailhook assembly and is simply a pistol brace. RA was selling this combination directly from the factory during the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale.
    In that case, RA has likely verified compliance and you should be fine. "Designed as" is a critical phrase in most of the ATF interpretations.
    I usually like to see a copy of the ATF letter verifying their ruling.
    "Don't Tread On Me!"
    -- (reiterated without permission) Rich Hornay

Quote Originally Posted by navalbeaver View Post
    I just got through my first inspection.... Trying to make sense of federal/state/local laws to ensure that I'm in compliance is maddening. You'd think the laws could be written so that they'd be easy to comply with....No. 3 day wait isn't actually 3 days. It's not actually 72hrs, and depending on who you talk with that 72hrs could be upwards of 144.

Your straw purchase issue is a little more clear but the issue of NFA/pistol/constructive intent is always fun to debate as well.

Why's it so hard to do the right thing?
    Yep. It's a labyrinth of legal mumbo-jumbo. And yes, their interpretation of a "day" is interesting. For delays, it's 3 days for which federal government offices are open non-inclusive of the day the background check was run and the actual transfer day, so it can be longer than a week.
    "Don't Tread On Me!"
    -- (reiterated without permission) Rich Hornay

Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic View Post
    In that case, RA has likely verified compliance and you should be fine. "Designed as" is a critical phrase in most of the ATF interpretations.
    I usually like to see a copy of the ATF letter verifying their ruling.
    I take it you sent the PM first? ATF already has a ruling on the Tailhook....and it's okay on the Scorpion's folder, so I'd have to assume the XCR's wouldn't be any different.

What's the worst that could happen? You might end up sharing a cell with the HKPro Parts guy!
    Sean K. and TexasChris like this.
    "Spes Mea in Deo Est"--My hope is in GOD
    The antidote for fifty enemies is one friend.--Aristotle

I just got back from my first range trip with the XCR. WOW!!!! This gun is amazing!!! I followed the instructions for the 60 round break in period (full gas setting). I then turned the gas down to setting 1 to see if the bolt would lock back on last round fired. I didn't expect gas setting 1 to work but it was enough with mil-sup M193, from my reading most people use setting 4.

Does anyone else run their XCR on gas setting #1.

I am very optimistic about the XCR and I am going to use it as my primary instructor 5.56 gun over the next few months. Then do a full review of the rifle.

I wish this gun made it to the table during the SCAR program trials. If there was a SCAR program rematch and I was on the selection committee the XCR would be my champion.

Quote Originally Posted by GAT-273 View Post
    I just got back from my first range trip with the XCR. WOW!!!! This gun is amazing!!! I followed the instructions for the 60 round break in period (full gas setting). I then turned the gas down to setting 1 to see if the bolt would lock back on last round fired. I didn't expect gas setting 1 to work but it was enough with mil-sup M193, from my reading most people use setting 4.

I am very optimistic about the XCR and I am going to use it as my primary instructor 5.56 gun over the next few months. Then do a full review of the rifle.

I wish this gun made it to the table during the SCAR program trials. If there was a SCAR program rematch and I was on the selection committee the XCR would be my champion.
    I usually run mil-surp brass at setting 2....but that's on 1st gen gas blocks and with SBR length bbls (though I usually run that same setting on a 16" bbl too....never really tried position 1 as the ejection distance seems to say 2 is "correct" for my guns.
    Merlin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GAT-273 View Post

Think you're going to find most are running on the lower end.

What gas block? S-4? 0-7? If I run my old blocks on anything above 2 I get a lot of recoil and/or trigger slap. With the new, type 3 gas blocks I'm running suppressed on 1 or 2, unsuppressed 4-5.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Sponsors