Robinson Armament Marketing Team (TEAM_POI) - Page 2
Like Tree11Likes
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Robinson Armament Marketing Team (TEAM_POI)

I don't think he means precision matches with XCR's....he's a precision shooter, employed by RA.......
    Do what you've always done, get what you've always got. ----- Have gun. Will travel.

Quote Originally Posted by navalbeaver View Post
    I don't think your time here is worth your while. The guys that are still here are "believers" in the XCR and want to see it succeed but we're also familiar enough with the platform/company to expect little to no change in the status quo.

If you can change that, we'd love to help.
    Ditto.

And some of us have even been insulted by Alex. Yet, we're still here. What does that tell you? LOTS of missed opportunities. Yup, others have tried to step into Terra's shoes, but none have done so with consistency. They come and go. There was PurpleNurple, then there is "Holly". You're the latest.

Seriously, "marketing" is not rocket science. We are all consumers of goods, even Alex himself. They just need to think about how they'd want to be treated as a consumer and they'd have the key to success. Yet, RA doesn't seem to get it. Fans, customers and the public at large seem to be seen as the enemy or necessary evil... when we just want to see RA/XCR be all that it can be.

We believe in the platform. But, man, are we frustrated. Customers and dealers alike.
    Last edited by fmunk; 09-09-2018 at 04:11 PM.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

There was a RA POI guy (SargeantQ - [email protected])who posted a Thread 'Return of the Robinson Armament XCR!' on SnipersHide December last year.

Questions of accuracy were raised along with the link of Alex's 'Changes at Robinson Armament', anyway that thread went dead really fast...

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Tyler works for Cole. Holly is still the CS service rep and does a great job of it. She has more than filled Terra's shoes. Purple Nurple still works for Alex. Alex does listen to his customers. That said, maybe he has been overly aggressive with some. In all honesty, some have deserved it. I find that in order to get the best results, it is better to tell customer service what you want instead of raging on about what you don't want. I have been shooting for Alex for 7 years and have watched the product evolve into what it is now. We have had a few issues along the way but have dealt with them as they have come up. I have personally seen Alex fix or replace rifles that have been broken or completely destroyed due to customer idiocy (think pistol powder in a .308 case). All in all there is much to be happy and enthused about.

Quote Originally Posted by owtlaw View Post
    Tyler works for Cole. Holly is still the CS service rep and does a great job of it. She has more than filled Terra's shoes. Purple Nurple still works for Alex. Alex does listen to his customers. That said, maybe he has been overly aggressive with some. In all honesty, some have deserved it. I find that in order to get the best results, it is better to tell customer service what you want instead of raging on about what you don't want. I have been shooting for Alex for 7 years and have watched the product evolve into what it is now. We have had a few issues along the way but have dealt with them as they have come up. I have personally seen Alex fix or replace rifles that have been broken or completely destroyed due to customer idiocy (think pistol powder in a .308 case). All in all there is much to be happy and enthused about.

Back when we were discussing FN styled charging handles and ACR stock adapters he call us all stupid. By your estimation, we deserved that? /sarcasm

He also routinely called Magpul "Fagpul". Today Magpul is a multi-million company and issued by troops on multiple deployments. What about RA?

Obviously your relationship with RA and Alex is different. That doesn't mean all other experiences are invalid or never happened.

One has to acknowledge faults in order to improve—personally and as a business.
    Last edited by fmunk; 09-09-2018 at 06:58 PM.
    Merlin and TexasChris like this.

You're part of the "inner circle". Your experience is quite a bit different. Holly has been fine with regards to answering emails and the phone but in my experience she hasn't had the authority/capability to fix anything on her own. Is that her fault? I'm assuming no but Terra got stuff done and quickly. And, most importantly as an end user, Terra interacted with the forum. She was a boon to RA's CS and nobody's come close to her since she left. I'm completely aware that there are customers who are a pain but I've had a significant amount of my orders shipped with the incorrect parts because who ever packed it assumed they knew better after I asked for what I wanted. I've not taken orders because I couldn't promise a delivery date. I've eaten a loss because RA raised prices without giving me a heads up. I've never shot with Alex but I've been shooting and/or dealing this platform since 2009, not as long as some of the other guys still on the forum. I've had issues that, for the most part have been taken care of. I've talked with Alex a few times over the phone and he was open and answered my questions. For each of my good experiences, I've got some just ok ones. Your post comes off as "be happy with what you got".

We're all still here because we like the platform. We're all aware of it's benefits, and it's faults. The latest iteration is leaps and bounds over the initial offering. We want the platform to grow and expand.

You guys do what you think you need to. We'll be here until they pull the plug on this thing.
    Merlin likes this.

I'm gonna have to mirror what's already been said bro. You're in your guilded tower telling the peasants how great the king and to be thankful for their scraps. Your path to his royal lord and savior is one that none of us will ever set foot near, let alone on (and that's been mentioned in the past)...and you're smart enough to know that.....so seriously....come on. Give the propaganda a rest. We know the difference between piss and rain, no matter who its coming from.

A few favors here and there don't suddenly erase the numerous, grossly unprofessional choices he's made, and even doubled down on.

Alex may have built a bridge or two....but he's fucked several goats.
    Do what you've always done, get what you've always got. ----- Have gun. Will travel.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasChris View Post
    Alex may have built a bridge or two....but he's fucked several goats.
    What Chris said. And in doing so Alex missed many golden opportunities for himself, his company and his employees. Dwell on that for a moment before you do another cannonball into the Kool-aid filled pool.

I'd even go as far as saying the only reason the XCR has seen success in Canada is because the AR is restricted while the XCR is not. Don't think because it's selling north of the border that there is something fundamentally wrong with the American customers.
    Last edited by fmunk; 09-10-2018 at 10:13 PM.

Terra was fun and a flirt. She also got shit done and did it well. Most of all Terra was one of US!
    "Spes Mea in Deo Est"--My hope is in GOD
    The antidote for fifty enemies is one friend.--Aristotle

Sig
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerTeamPOI View Post
    Hey guys! Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Tyler and I work for Team POI we are currently the marketing team for Robinson Armament!! If you have any questions or if you've had problems that need solutions post it in here or you can email it to me and we will get it taken care of!! My email is [email protected].
    Nothing new, but kind of confused.

1 - Are you a marketing company who works to promote RA?
    2 - Are you a company who works for RA to handle customer service issues?
    3 - If you're a marketing company who doesn't handle customer service issues for you client, what would be some solutions to the end user of the product that you could offer?

As mentioned, the gun industry has always confused me between the relationship between manufacturers/distributors/dealers/gun reps, but never knew a marketing company to work for their client's on their customer's "problems".
    If assholes could fly, this place would be JFK international.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsors