Robinson Armament Marketing Team (TEAM_POI) - Page 3
Like Tree11Likes
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Robinson Armament Marketing Team (TEAM_POI)

Sig
    A marketing company who doesn't use a website to promote themselves is a little disconcerting.
    If assholes could fly, this place would be JFK international.

Sig
    Quote Originally Posted by owtlaw View Post
    Tyler works for Cole.
    I missed it, but who is Cole?

Did actually try to use google. Limited information, but there was a "Sgt Q" who made his rounds on another gun forum at the end of 2017 promoting the rifle and brand.

Personally, if team POI is working to build the brand up and get more business in the US, my suggestion to Team POI would to work with guys like Nate, Kermit and Mechanic who actually try to push the brand and build AND support it's dealers and give up this crap of selling online where the buyer has to go through a FFL that couldn't care less about RA or know anything about it's product line.

Nate in particular has been a wealth of knowlege on the product giving us information on what he comes across that the manufacturer should be doing in the first place.
    Last edited by Sig; 09-14-2018 at 05:33 AM.
    Merlin likes this.

Hey guys Tyler here. Can you guys help and get me in contact with Nate and Kermit. I would really like to get with these guys and see what they can bring to help RA grow.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Our website is in the works we are working hard to get it up and going.

What ammo have you guys been using? I personally have had good results with the prime ammo in 308 and 6.5 creed. Usually the Hornady match ammo does a good job at making it atleast 1 MOA or better.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerTeamPOI View Post
    Hey guys Tyler here. Can you guys help and get me in contact with Nate and Kermit. I would really like to get with these guys and see what they can bring to help RA grow.
    Nate is 'navalbeaver' and Kermit is 'Gramps96KZ', PM them if you want to make contact. Not sure what you mean by 'bring to help RA grow' though. They have been trying for years without any help from RA.

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"
    "It Is A Weak Man Who Urges Compromise!!"

Sig
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerTeamPOI View Post
    Our website is in the works we are working hard to get it up and going.
    I'm not trying to be rough on you, but if you're a marketing company selling your service to a client to promote their business and you yourself don't have a company website up and running yourself, we'll... that is kind of sad for a marketing company. Considering it's now August of 2018 and I came across your company on another forum at the end of last year gives you at least 8 months to get something up and running for your own business.

Again, not trying to be hard on you, I'm just use to dealing with marketing companies who can want some serious coin for their services...

If you did your reaseach on this forum before even posting anything, you could of made contact with the people you need to, instead of "announcing" to everyone you were looking for them. Not very low key information gathering IMO

By the way, when you post on a internet fourm "representing" a company, it's really rude not to answer questions directed towards you by a forum member.
    Last edited by Sig; 09-14-2018 at 05:55 PM.

I'm Nate. PM me if you want my contact info. I'm happy to talk RA.

I've got a detailed thread about my experience with my M and accuracy. I'd like to try a 6.5 in the M but my 308 experience has kept me from giving it a shot.

https://www.xcrforum.com/forum/25-fi...r-m-range.html

Things I(capital) would like to see in the XCR....(typing out loud, I realize all of the below isn't easy for a smaller company)

In the US you're competing with the AR, like it or not. A lower that will take AR triggers and safeties would help the rest of the crowd warm up. The XCR trigger is solid but guys want to "upgrade" their stuff.

Keep up with the latest trends(this is hard for a smaller company) but it took RA awhile to get keymod going and when they did, mlok was the new hotness. You've got both options now but it seems like RA has been slow to adapt.(I'm itching for a MCX stock adapter for my XCR... Is that just me?). There's interest in a lower that'll take AK mags.

Get the price down. $2000 in this market is a tough sell.

Stop direct sales and/or give dealers a better cut. I live in a military town. It's hard to sell a rifle to a guy knowing that he can get a better deal by going direct with his mil/le discount.

Have a standard config that's available NOW. The multiple configurations of the XCR is double edged. But having to wait 8 weeks for any complete setup is a turnoff for all but the most diehard.

Get QC under control. Port sizes on dials/barrels seems to be a trend over the years. There's spats of other issues (firing pin, tight chamber, soft bolt catch) though the years.

Get information on the website. This was the only place to get any consistent info on compatibility of various gens/updates for a long time. The last big update to the RA site was nice but it needs to stay updated.

Put out more info on who's using the platform. Weird YouTube videos from Eastern Europe with a guy shooting an XCR in a configuration we haven't seen before is maddening. Where's the market at? Is RA selling more in Canada than the US?

The XCR has delivered on a lot that other platforms failed to (quick change barrel, actually multi caliber, etc) but there's lots of negative stuff on the web. There's an uphill battle still

More to come....?
    Last edited by navalbeaver; 09-14-2018 at 07:38 PM.
    fmunk likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by navalbeaver View Post
    Get the price down. $2000 in this market is a tough sell.
    Especially when more accurate ARs can be had for less. Sure, they can't easily change calibers, but in the real world how many civilian users actually take advantage of that feature? Plus, it's just more convenient to have full rifles.

Being in California, I would definitely buy a stripped lower that takes AK mags (and purchase the parts separately for ease of transfer).

Speaking of this f'ed up state, it is also the most populous state in this union. And believe it or not, it is a big market for firearms. The most popular gun owner site for the state (Calguns) has traffic like you wouldn't believe. If RA's prices and accuracy were more competitive to ARs, and had a good solution for compliance with the silly laws I would do all I can to spread the good word on the XCR (see Juggernaut's Hellfighter https://jtactical.com/products/ca-co...ar-alternative).

It's easy for firearm businesses and manufacturers to take the easy path, talk trash and forsake gun enthusiasts in this state. I challenge RA to do the opposite and be all inclusive. CA's rules are not that much different from Canada's.
    Last edited by fmunk; 09-14-2018 at 09:26 PM.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

I just googled some Bren 806 info. A forum post commented it'd be nice to have a serious competitor to the SCAR available.

https://czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=92809.0

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsors