Robinson Armament Marketing Team (TEAM_POI) - Page 4
Like Tree11Likes
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Robinson Armament Marketing Team (TEAM_POI)

Quote Originally Posted by navalbeaver View Post
    I'm Nate. PM me if you want my contact info. I'm happy to talk RA.

I've got a detailed thread about my experience with my M and accuracy. I'd like to try a 6.5 in the M but my 308 experience has kept me from giving it a shot.

https://www.xcrforum.com/forum/25-fi...r-m-range.html

Things I(capital) would like to see in the XCR....(typing out loud, I realize all of the below isn't easy for a smaller company)

In the US you're competing with the AR, like it or not. A lower that will take AR triggers and safeties would help the rest of the crowd warm up. The XCR trigger is solid but guys want to "upgrade" their stuff.

Keep up with the latest trends(this is hard for a smaller company) but it took RA awhile to get keymod going and when they did, mlok was the new hotness. You've got both options now but it seems like RA has been slow to adapt.(I'm itching for a MCX stock adapter for my XCR... Is that just me?). There's interest in a lower that'll take AK mags.

Get the price down. $2000 in this market is a tough sell.

Stop direct sales and/or give dealers a better cut. I live in a military town. It's hard to sell a rifle to a guy knowing that he can get a better deal by going direct with his mil/le discount.

Have a standard config that's available NOW. The multiple configurations of the XCR is double edged. But having to wait 8 weeks for any complete setup is a turnoff for all but the most diehard.

Get QC under control. Port sizes on dials/barrels seems to be a trend over the years. There's spats of other issues (firing pin, tight chamber, soft bolt catch) though the years.

Get information on the website. This was the only place to get any consistent info on compatibility of various gens/updates for a long time. The last big update to the RA site was nice but it needs to stay updated.

Put out more info on who's using the platform. Weird YouTube videos from Eastern Europe with a guy shooting an XCR in a configuration we haven't seen before is maddening. Where's the market at? Is RA selling more in Canada than the US?

The XCR has delivered on a lot that other platforms failed to (quick change barrel, actually multi caliber, etc) but there's lots of negative stuff on the web. There's an uphill battle still

More to come....?
    A few notes....

Looking over the trigger set up on the XCR for quite a while vs. AR style...that's a no go with the carrier design. It's kind of a hybrid between the AK and AR. I simply don't think from an engineering standpoint it's worth the change b/c so many other parts would have to change too. In short, if you just have to have an AR trigger, you probably need to buy an AR.

In truth, Geissele is the premier trigger brand (no...there's no gimmicky binary trigger...yet)...and if there's a big enough market (SCAR, Tavor, etc.) they'll make a trigger for it. The problem with the XCR is...it's still a boutique gun. If we want more 'custom trigger' options...we need a whole lot more people to buy XCRs.

The reason M-Lok took so long to be incorporated by RA is b/c Alex and Magpul sued one another and M-Lok is Magpul's design. The bad blood is the issue, regardless of it being open source. After the Crane trials though....M-Lok is the future and RA *had* to adopt it.

I don't think it's reasonable to expect RA to put out adapters to other stocks. Again, the market is small and the interface is proprietary....so you don't have a lot of options other than custom jobs like the ACR adapters. Stock preferences seem to be highly variable based on the end user. To me, the MCX looks flimsy and has no provision for LoP adjustment or riser height. Other than moving it up/down the pic rail. I really like the Scorpion stock...but it's a lot of plastic and mating it to the XCR would be difficult aesthetically....no comb adjustment there either. In any case...it's just not something a small company should go after. They have a decent set of stocks for the gun....yes, they could be improved, but Alex doesn't seem too fond of listening to constructive criticism from his customers.

While I agree cost is competitive with other "next gen" rifles, in this market, the fact that it's got a bad rap for accuracy and poor service compared to the others and the fact that top tier ARs are so cheap, they need to come down in price to really steal any sales from the other next gen rifles or the top tier ARs.

The rest I agree with 100%....
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Oh...and I'd wager RA sells more guns to Canada than in the US...b/c of the restricted status. If that's true, there's little incentive for RA to listen to what we have to say anyway. It seems Alex is content with the money his business generates and there's no real impetus to go after a larger share of the US market.
    Merlin likes this.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    Oh...and I'd wager RA sells more guns to Canada than in the US...b/c of the restricted status. If that's true, there's little incentive for RA to listen to what we have to say anyway. It seems Alex is content with the money his business generates and there's no real impetus to go after a larger share of the US market.
    Agreed

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Sponsors