Hello
Like Tree2Likes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello

Hello

Hello all! Just picked up a XCR-L. At my current ignorance level with RA XCR's, I'm looking forward to learning about the stock options, mine has the CTR stock with riser and I prefer to get one of the FAST stocks....I think. Also looking at possibly swapping out the current Quad recvr to an M-Lok. All relevant opinions welcome.

I love anything with a trigger but really never was moved by FN SCARs but this XCR-L is just unique enough and with a good story, I had to add it to the collection.

Looking forward to researching all about this rifle.

It's a XL 059xx serial number if anyone knows the approximate age.

Thx in advance for all the help.

AC

Welcome. The M-Lok version won't be as light as the Keymod....though the KM vs. MLok war seems to have been settled in MLok's favor, I'm not really fond of it on the XCR since it makes the handguard even thicker. I haven't mic'd the material thickness in the KM handguard on an L, but it looks to be quite a bit thicker than the BCM KM uppers I have and the breakage on KM was primarily due to the material being too thin.

I personally really like the FAST stocks...though I believe they could have been better implemented and still have room for improvement, but many here are fond of the ACR stocks adapted to the XCR via custom made adapters. You may want to look at that option too.

A 5900 SN is somewhere before mid 2012....probably made in early 2011 or so. JFYI.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Pics?

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

My bad...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hello-20190626_175756_1561587054077.jpg  
    Last edited by Away2; 06-26-2019 at 04:11 PM.

More, sorry for the orientation...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hello-20190626_181152_1561587133926.jpg   Hello-20190626_181141_1561587144806.jpg  

Guessing based on SN, you should have the latest trigger. A new upper can be cost prohibitive (relative to what you paid for the rifle) unless you really just want the different front end. The type 1 gas is fine on long barrels but you may want to think about the type 3 if you go suppressed. Light profile barrel will help with weight. I'm not in love with the fast. It can be a little short but it is light and compact when folded. It's a cool platform.

Welcome! I personally really like the FAST stock. It just fits me perfect. I don't have really long arms and prefer a shorter stock. The FAST 3 has a longer LOP. I really like the type 1 gas system. But, Nate is correct about the type 3 being better for suppressors. The XCR is the best battle carbine out there. If there was a better system, I would have it.
    Sean K. likes this.
    "Spes Mea in Deo Est"--My hope is in GOD
    The antidote for fifty enemies is one friend.--Aristotle

With the milled out picatinny rail.....that may be more like 2010.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    With the milled out picatinny rail.....that may be more like 2010.
    Exactly what I was thinking.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

So far if found that it is a Type 1 bolt catch, Type 1 Rear recvr, and a Type 2 fire control group. I did notice that on my gun there is no ambi mag release on the left side. There is no roll pin hole in the mag release bar. All the pics Ive seen show one. I'll probably buy the parts and install the ambi.

Also, after looking at some pics, Ill probably keep the quad rail, its unique enough to keep, just have to find some decent looking lo pro rail covers. Troy foregrip is off and added to spare parts bin(s)...

Im taking it that a FAST stock is difficult to get. Will now try to learn about the type of gas block because I defintely will shoot it suppressed. SBR is starting to appeal to me...

Thx for the replies...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors