New member - old XCR

Thread: New member - old XCR

New member - old XCR

I just picked up an XCR-L of my own the other day. I have a lot of questions on it. took it out this morning to shoot and its smoother than my bren.
    I have alot of questions as the gun is low serial number 009XX, and seems to be an amalgamation of parts. Im really looking for some one with whom I can discuss some of these parts types and series updates as the gun seems to be a type 0 lower as it has the type 1 bolt hold, and is not an ambidextrous mag release, has a type 2 fire control system (hammer has 2 notches on the left side), type 1 carrier and a type 0 bolt, im believing its a type 1 gas system- as its looks closest to it and has the holes in the tube.
    Just wondering if this is a normal early XCR or if this was an Early XCR that was upgraded with newer type parts?
    Any help greatly appreciated.

At that SN, it was an early XCR that's been upgraded over time.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Where'd you get the rifle from? Pics?

Like Sean said. It's an early one with some upgrades.

Gas tubes for the 0 and the 1 are the same. If you can adjust the gas dial by pushing a plunger with your finger then twisting, it's a type 1. The Type 0 bolt was only 5.56. Don't have an exact SN on when that changed over but usually the higher 1k SNs had the type 1 bolt. It's not a huge deal unless the bolt or pin break, then you'll have to get a type 1(drop in replacement) or have RA do the mod for the latest BCG (type 2). I haven't tried it myself but there's speculation you could use a type 1 firing pin on a type 0 bolt but RA said no and I can't confirm yay or nay.

I answered your PM

Sponsors