Another new member
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GlowingGoy

Thread: Another new member

Another new member

Hello all.

liking my xcr so far. My setup is an 11.5" 556 pistol setup. optic is a primary arms cyclops. I still have a standard bird cage on it and I'm still messing around with different mags and different gas settings (currently use 3 if brass, 8 if steel).

first couple questions I've got is:
    Should I swap my bird cage for something else?
    do you notice a slight pull to the right from recoil?
    what gas settings do you use?
    Should I buy an extra barrel or any other part?

Welcome. I've never owned the pistol version so can't really answer those specific questions. Sean K. probably can. As for the muzzle device, that is entirely up to you. Parts can take a long time from order to delivery. So, yes, you should order as many spare parts as you wish to stockpile. Small parts kit, barrel, bolt, gas system, etc. Like the AK, XCR has quite a bit of reciprocating mass that contribute to its recoil behavior. Muzzle device can help. Weight from forward mounted accessories (light, DBAL, etc.) can help as well.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

I would recommend a quick detach muzzle device for a can. Oh and get a can ordered to take that short barrel
    "Spes Mea in Deo Est"--My hope is in GOD
    The antidote for fifty enemies is one friend.--Aristotle

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

I really like the tuneable muzzle break from UM tactical. Super easy to install and tune. The muzzle doesn't even move. I had a video of my 11year old son blazing away and the muzzle just stays in the same spot. It's pretty popular with three gunners.

https://www.umtactical.com/store/c6/...PENSATORS.html
    "Spes Mea in Deo Est"--My hope is in GOD
    The antidote for fifty enemies is one friend.--Aristotle

Any videos showing the proper way to lube up the xcr?

Quote Originally Posted by GlowingGoy View Post
    Any videos showing the proper way to lube up the xcr?
    None that I'm aware of. You can always do a search on youtube. In general, no different than any other firearm; i.e. a drop or two of your favorite lube on any moving parts.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

Quote Originally Posted by GlowingGoy View Post
    Hello all.

liking my xcr so far. My setup is an 11.5" 556 pistol setup. optic is a primary arms cyclops. I still have a standard bird cage on it and I'm still messing around with different mags and different gas settings (currently use 3 if brass, 8 if steel).

first couple questions I've got is:
    Should I swap my bird cage for something else?
    do you notice a slight pull to the right from recoil?
    what gas settings do you use?
    Should I buy an extra barrel or any other part?
    8? There are 8 positions, but 0-7 are the numbering system used.

Do you find you have to turn the gas all the way up to get the steel case to run? If so, I'd say something is amiss in your gun. Usually, steel case only requires one additional higher setting to run reliably from what it takes to run brass.

As for the flash hider....totally up to you. I personally run comps on most of my shorter bbl'd set ups b/c I primarily use them for fast shots at closer distances.

I don't notice any pull to the right. Is your birdcage indexed properly? It may be b/c your gas is set so high with the steel case.

Extra parts are a good idea. Truth is: Rob Arms is a niche builder. If they go under, your pistol will not have parts availability. Luckily, these things are built like tanks and rarely break. As others have said, order a small parts kit...around $150....and maybe a spare bolt (mainly b/c the firing pins rarely, but occasionally break).
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

yeah i read it wrong. I was doing 2 and 7 but now after a good lube it runs reliably on 1 and 4
    Sean K. likes this.

Sponsors