New member!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Flskunkape

Thread: New member!

New member!

Hello all,

I'm brand new to the XCR I found a used L in a local pawn shop a few weeks ago. I can't say enough.. I've wanted one of these rifles since I was a teenager and my late grandfather used to buy me all the gun magazines (remember when you could still find those in the supermarket).
    But I was always afraid to purchase something so expensive without being able to handle one.. well I finally got to put my booger hooks on one and had to buy it! It's type 1 with type 0 bho and op rod. It's the softest shooting 556 I've ever fired. Infact I like it so much I've got a new M model that's on it's way to me as I type.
    I really can't believe that there are not more people into this rifle platform, it's as damn near perfection in a battle rifle/carbine as I have seen.

Anyhow a little about myself, I've been into guns/hunting since I was old enough to hold a firearm. I cut my teeth with a mini 14 and a RRA ar15, and unknown to me at the time but have really been on the quest for a Robinson since I was old enough to buy my own guns. I look forward to learning as much as I can about the platform.

Thanks to all!

The Skunk Ape
    Sean K. and RobertSlaughter like this.

Welcome to the insanity....I've got like 10 XCRs now, so I obviously agree that I'm surprised the platform's inherent strengths haven't taken the market by storm. I suspect price and weight are the biggest reasons...as well as limited production capacity.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Yeah, I'm just amazed at home many people want quantity over quality. And I guess but it's only like a pound heavier than most ARs, especially when people hang all kinds of junk on their guns. I've been selling lesser weapons left and right to pay for more Robinsons... Im already planning on a third Robinson, most likely going to be a pistol with 556, 300blk, and x39 conversions.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Flskunkape View Post
    Yeah, I'm just amazed at home many people want quantity over quality. And I guess but it's only like a pound heavier than most ARs, especially when people hang all kinds of junk on their guns. I've been selling lesser weapons left and right to pay for more Robinsons... Im already planning on a third Robinson, most likely going to be a pistol with 556, 300blk, and x39 conversions.
    As the saying goes, "Ounces equal pounds, pounds equal pain". You generally give up durability for weight savings though. A pound is HUGE in a base platform.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Sponsors