Noobie here, considering buying the XCR-M

Thread: Noobie here, considering buying the XCR-M

Noobie here, considering buying the XCR-M

Hey everybody! I've been looking for a 308 rifle to add to my collection and I am seriously considering the XCR-M. The only reservations I have right now are price and weight. I've seen the 18" listed around 9lbs, can anyone confirm this? I have seen older posts saying there are some members here who are RA dealers, is this still the case or should I order from the RA website? Thanks in advance and I'm glad to be part of this forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Gilin View Post
    Hey everybody! I've been looking for a 308 rifle to add to my collection and I am seriously considering the XCR-M. The only reservations I have right now are price and weight. I've seen the 18" listed around 9lbs, can anyone confirm this? I have seen older posts saying there are some members here who are RA dealers, is this still the case or should I order from the RA website? Thanks in advance and I'm glad to be part of this forum!
    That's correct....it's not light at all. I think my 12" bbl XCR-M is 8.5#. If weight is your concern....get a POF DI Revolution. 6.8 lbs empty.

Contact navalbeaver or GrampsKz96 to order.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Sounds about right. She's a pig bro. The payoff is that once they run, they flat out run. Def go through the 2 Sean suggested. Good dudes.

I need to weigh mine as she sits.....Gotta be at least 14 lbs.
    Do what you've always done, get what you've always got. ----- Have gun. Will travel.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the info. I've been looking at POF and the M&P 10, seems like each has its plus and minuses. Last question, does anyone know if there is a weight difference between the mlok and keymod version? Which do you prefer?

Quote Originally Posted by Gilin View Post
    Thanks for the info. I've been looking at POF and the M&P 10, seems like each has its plus and minuses. Last question, does anyone know if there is a weight difference between the mlok and keymod version? Which do you prefer?
    M-Lok will be slightly heavier and bigger diameter. Not sure why RA designed them that way other than there might not have been enough "meat" (material thickness) in the Keymod handguard.

I personally prefer the KM....b/c it's slimmer and lighter....but M-Lok is the industry standard now and KM accessories in the future will be harder to come by.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

All my stuff is m lok right now, but I wouldn't mind KM to shave off some weight and thickness. I probably wouldn't attach anything besides a light anyway.

Sponsors