ANNOUNCEMENT: Updated Smartphone Feedback Thread
Like Tree1Likes
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ANNOUNCEMENT: Updated Smartphone Feedback Thread

ANNOUNCEMENT: Updated Smartphone Feedback Thread

We're pleased to announce that we have launched a new smartphone view on the site. It has been designed to have a clean look, to fit really nicely into mobile (iPhone, Android) browsers, and unlike most normal web based skins will also include features that are normally reserved for desktop or phone applications. We built this as we realize you all spend more time today on your phones on the forum than you did 2 years ago, and we want to get the mobile view to a place where you can do everything (and more!) that you can do on desktop.

A few notes as I know many of you may have questions:

* This does not replace any mobile apps. This is web only - accessing via your phone browser.
    * This new skin will only show when you access the site from a modern (Android 4+, iPhone) phone. It will not show for older phones or for tablets, blackberries or windows phones.
    * Please give us some time as we work through bugs. Give it a try, give us feedback in our mobile thread URL, and give it a chance. Every change needs time to get used to!​

If you visit the site from your mobile phone, you'll get the new view automatically. You can login, post, reply, upload photos, view your private messages and more. You can also use the legacy mobile view by choosing the top left menu and Exit Enhanced Mobile Mode.

This is the feedback thread for any bugs, etc, please post below.

**Please let us know the device, software version, and browser being used if reporting any issues.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by VSAdmin View Post
    * This new skin will only show when you access the site from a modern (Android 4+, iPhone) phone. It will not show for older phones or for tablets, blackberries or windows phones.
    I guess my old flip-phone won't be able to use it then.

Which is probably OK, since Samsung decided that I only needed a 1-5/16 X 1-3/4 inch screen, and I don't run the internet on it anyways.
    Do you really think we want laws to be observed? We want them broken. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be crimes that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants law-abiding citizens? Pass the kind of laws that can’t be observed, enforced, or objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers.

Does anyone really visit forums via their phones anyway? Doesn't seem conducive to longer written interactions that forums usually entail.....not to mention all the pop-ups slowing down the feed on a mobile device. Ah...but what do I know? I don't even own a cell phone; flip or smart.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

The younger generation is used to going to the internet on their phones, old people like me can't see well enough anymore to do so. I have a smart phone too. I just like seeing as much as I can on a screen, too lazy to scroll around.

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"
    "It Is A Weak Man Who Urges Compromise!!"

Only when I am stuck somewhere I don't want to be with nothing better to do.
    Riding, Shooting, or Golfing...you pick and I will be there.

Sig
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    Does anyone really visit forums via their phones anyway? Doesn't seem conducive to longer written interactions that forums usually entail.....not to mention all the pop-ups slowing down the feed on a mobile device. Ah...but what do I know? I don't even own a cell phone; flip or smart.
    Ironcially enough I did the last couple of nights while at a camp we took our cub scouts.

Nice look, however I really wish they would update both the mobile site and this forum with a newer XCR image on the page lol
    If assholes could fly, this place would be JFK international.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig View Post
    Ironcially enough I did the last couple of nights while at a camp we took our cub scouts.

Nice look, however I really wish they would update both the mobile site and this forum with a newer XCR image on the page lol
    Hi,

Which image were you referring to? The one in the logo?

~Sheena

Quote Originally Posted by VSAdmin View Post
    Hi,

Which image were you referring to? The one in the logo?

~Sheena
    Yup....it's very dated.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Who else feels like the site should get a banner update, hold up your hand or forever hold your peace

~ Glenda

It's due.......................

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"
    "It Is A Weak Man Who Urges Compromise!!"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsors