Like Tree10Likes
  • 2 Post By navalbeaver
  • 3 Post By trebor
  • 2 Post By Sean K.
  • 2 Post By Merlin
  • 1 Post By fmunk

Thread: Nate, Kermit and Mech?

Nate, Kermit and Mech?

So does this mean that Nate, Kermit and Mech have to purchase vendor membership?

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"
    "It Is A Weak Man Who Urges Compromise!!"

So this is fun....

While I do have a FFL/SOT/Business license, a large part of the transactions I've done on the forum have been for used parts from my personal collection.

What's the policy for me selling from my private collection?

I'm not a "vendor" in the traditional sense. The margin/interest on anything XCR is small enough that having to pay to list anything isn't worth it. Especially on a forum where my audience is the same 10-20 guys for the last 5 years. If I've got to pay some to keep the forum going that's a different story.

I really like the group here so I'm not going away but there's not enough business generated here to have to pay for the privilege to list for sale items.
    Merlin and Gramps96Kz like this.

I am unaware of any 'vendors' on this forum other than reps from Rob.Arms. I think a 'vendor' would at least have to have a web site or brick and mortar store front.
    Sean K., Merlin and Gramps96Kz like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by trebor View Post
    I am unaware of any 'vendors' on this forum other than reps from Rob.Arms. I think a 'vendor' would at least have to have a web site or brick and mortar store front.
    Unfortunately, that's not how the Admin will likely see it.

Frankly, this post: https://www.xcrforum.com/forum/50-ven...dor-rules.html is anathema to everything this site has stood for in the past if they're going to even think about lumping in people like Kermit, Nate and Mechanic.

Love how the Admin posts garbage and then to avoid conflict....closes the topic. Further....the statement that things should be hidden via PM when there's a problem also wreaks of someone unfamiliar with what this site has always been about and what makes it unlike every other crap forum on the net.

But....we can all not like it....our options will be to boycott the site if they use this rule to bash well-respected members about the head and neck or simply put up with it. I'm voting the former if it comes to that.

Sean
    Merlin and Gramps96Kz like this.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

vBulletin, Hosting, Server space and other things that goes into having a site is not cheap. I have done it in the past.
    But with that said, the traffic here will probably never be enough to justify keeping it open if the intent is to make money. Lex started it with the intention of having a place for us 'retards' to hang out, learn, teach ad meet other owners, he couldn't sustain it all the time without some contributions by us to help.
    I would hate to see it go, as I have met some good people on here.
    I wish like Sean said that some explanation was included in the thread announcing the rules for 'vendors'. Thus my question on how these new Rules will affect our in house FFLs, which are members in good standing that now could be in violation in what they post in the future.
    As Nate said; they don't have the margins even when the Greatest Gun Salesman in history was around, to afford paying vendor fees.
    If Nate, Kermit and Mech leave, I believe this site will dry up pretty fast and die, letting a whole lot of GOOD information disappearing.Name:  sad_so.gif
Views: 154
Size:  1.3 KB
    fmunk and Sean K. like this.

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"
    "It Is A Weak Man Who Urges Compromise!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    If Nate, Kermit and Mech leave, I believe this site will dry up pretty fast and die, letting a whole lot of GOOD information disappearing.Name:  sad_so.gif
Views: 154
Size:  1.3 KB
    Ditto. This forum is too small for the usual rules.
    Sean K. likes this.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

Sponsors