Anyone Know Anything About Sharp Shooters Supply 9 Round Mag For Savage Bolt Gun

Thread: Anyone Know Anything About Sharp Shooters Supply 9 Round Mag For Savage Bolt Gun

Anyone Know Anything About Sharp Shooters Supply 9 Round Mag For Savage Bolt Gun

I just bought a Savage 10 FCP-K in .308. I found this site: http://www.sharpshootersupply.com/

and they sell a DBM (detachable box mag) for my model that holds 9 .308 rounds for $80.

Here's their description:

HIGH CAPACITY DBM MAGAZINE

With the introduction of the center-feed magazine system, the DBM is quite popular. We have had many requests for higher capacity magazines, and we are offering a high capacity magazine with the capacity of 9 rounds in the .308 family of cartridges.

Price: $80.00

Anyone know anything about the reliability/quality of the mag?

I know Sniper's Hide is probably the best place to ask....but I figured someone here might have experience.

Thanks,
    Sean
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Re: Anyone Know Anything About Sharp Shooters Supply 9 Round Mag For Savage Bolt Gun

Reading Snipers Hide, apparently, Sharp Shooters Supply has customer service as poor as RA's.

Guess I'll be trying Darkeagle Custom Inc.

http://www.darkeaglecustom.com/products.html

The mag is $90 for one....but holds 1 more round.

Discount for buying 2 or 3. ($175 and $255 respectively).....so $87.50 for 2 or $85 each for 3.

HTH someone else.

Sean
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Re: Anyone Know Anything About Sharp Shooters Supply 9 Round Mag For Savage Bolt Gun

Sean,

Let us know how they look and function.

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"
    "It Is A Weak Man Who Urges Compromise!!"

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Got it yesterday....10 rounds....looks very nice. Haven't function tested it yet. Will let you know how it goes.

Installed my Karsten's cheek riser today....drilling it with a hand drill is easier than bothering with trying to put a full size rifle with a 24" bbl into a drill press (ask me how I know ).

The thing that took the most amount of time was cutting the mounting hardware to the right length and cleaning up the threads (they give you fairly long screws to fit a variety of stock thicknesses).

Nice fit/function. Need to get to the range to test fire it....but since the lows are around 90º now, not sure how soon I'll get to the range.

Sean

I have 2 of these and they are great mags! However, SSS is like RobArms when it comes to customer service. I paid for my mags around Halloween (2009) and did not receive them till Memorial Day (2010), about 7+ months! It was suppose to be only a month! I guess all is forgiven since I am a forgiving kinda guy, and also because the mags work great!

FYI, SSS advertises "9 rounds" but they actually hold 10.

I didn't get the SSS mag b/c of the problems I'd heard of with their shitty CS. Ended up paying more through Darkeagle Custom....but I got it in a few days and they seem to be a nice mag overall.

Sean

Sponsors