Rails - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rails

Re: Rails

This is what I have on my 20" upper.

Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakhen View Post
    That's pretty sweet. As I only tend to mount an optic, a VFG and a sling stud, and would like the option of mounting a camera or light at 3 or 9 o'clock, this is very much the sort of rail system I'd like to have. Now, if someone would make one like it in carbon fiber, set up for a piston system, that would be just about perfect.
    Have you check the PRI fore ends? I don't know if it'll clear a piston, but it looked like it would on my AR10.

Lancer is also coming out with a CF fore end later this year.

Quote Originally Posted by triggerfish View Post
    This is what I have on mine and I love it. It's not to heavy and not to many rails, but it does have the hard mounts for longer rails on the side if needed. Just a well thought out design.

Sorry forgot to include the link: http://www.amazon.com/R-M-S-50C-TR-S.../dp/B003IVP9RC
    Since I mucked up the first post so bad I thought I'd just post it again WITH the link, AND with the correct dfescription stating that the rail is NOT to heavy.

Thx,

I know it's an older design, but I really like and the only other uppers I've seen that I really like are the HK rails, and the Vltor uppers.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

I know alot of us are using (for me it is transitioning to) a more forward grip with the support hand. On my carbine AR with handguard (no rail), it doesn't go far enough forward. If you have a quadrail and need more grip space out front, I think the only way to do that would be with an extension that you would then want covers on. Having said all that, I don't think that is what this guy was going for. As far as my XCR goes, the only thing I have on my rails are an optic and BUIS. I love the monolithic rail but don't care for the quad. I always toy with the idea of grinding down the 3,6,and 9 rails and repainting. Maybe even using a linex coating where I remove the rails. I will probably give it a serious look right before I get around to painting it.
    Shock and awe, technically known as rapid dominance, is a military doctrine based on the use of overwhelming power, dominant battlefield awareness, dominant maneuvers, and spectacular displays of force to paralyze an adversary's perception of the battlefield and destroy its will to fight.

Shocknawe,

If you do decide to shave your rails, please post a pic. Would be interested in how it turns out.

DSM

Quote Originally Posted by SDDuc996 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhen View Post
    That's pretty sweet. As I only tend to mount an optic, a VFG and a sling stud, and would like the option of mounting a camera or light at 3 or 9 o'clock, this is very much the sort of rail system I'd like to have. Now, if someone would make one like it in carbon fiber, set up for a piston system, that would be just about perfect.
    Have you check the PRI fore ends? I don't know if it'll clear a piston, but it looked like it would on my AR10.

Lancer is also coming out with a CF fore end later this year.
    PRI has their Delta forearms now that'll clear pistons.
    When have any of our plans ever actually worked? We plan, we get there, all hell breaks loose.

Trust me, if I get around to potentially destroying my favorite rifle, I'll take and post plenty of pics.
    Shock and awe, technically known as rapid dominance, is a military doctrine based on the use of overwhelming power, dominant battlefield awareness, dominant maneuvers, and spectacular displays of force to paralyze an adversary's perception of the battlefield and destroy its will to fight.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsors