Bigger is always better?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bigger is always better?

Bigger is always better?

Wondering what this would be like to shoot:

http://www.arsenalfirearms.com/produ...-barrel-pistol

Riding, Shooting, or Golfing...you pick and I will be there.

Re: Bigger is always better?

part of me is thinking dear god what have they done to that gorgeous pistol!? part of me is thinking that looks fun and another part of me is thinking how hard would it be to weld two 1911s together and get a similar result? So really I wanna shoot it, slap the guy who thought of this gun in the face and take the gun home.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen

I would love to shoot it! I wonder what happens though with a jam or if only one side goes off will it cycle?

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"
    "It Is A Weak Man Who Urges Compromise!!"

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

I looked at the website and it's pretty badass.

So because it has 2 triggers, it's legal? It's like a double-barreled shotgun.

If it shot both barrels and only had one trigger, would it be an AOW? or would it be a destructive device?
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." -Mark Twain

“It is something great and greatening to cherish an ideal; to act in the light of truth that is far-away and far above; to set aside the near advantage, the momentary pleasure; the snatching of seeming good to self; and to act for remoter ends, for higher good, and for interests other than our own.” -Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Quote Originally Posted by Mick Nartin View Post
    If it shot both barrels and only had one trigger, would it be an AOW? or would it be a destructive device?
    It would be a machine gun.

That guy, he said I should be oblong and have my knees removed. But I don't trust him, he plays the banjo.

Quote Originally Posted by Underground View Post
    If they have ATF permission to sell the things, they must've figured out a work-around. Probably a mechanism to only shoot one barrel at a time, like a single-trigger double shotgun or double rifle.
    “Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” -- James Madison

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Wombat View Post
    If they have ATF permission to sell the things, they must've figured out a work-around. Probably a mechanism to only shoot one barrel at a time, like a single-trigger double shotgun or double rifle.
    I think it's kosher because it has two triggers. If they had made it a single trigger, it would be a problem.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." -Mark Twain

“It is something great and greatening to cherish an ideal; to act in the light of truth that is far-away and far above; to set aside the near advantage, the momentary pleasure; the snatching of seeming good to self; and to act for remoter ends, for higher good, and for interests other than our own.” -Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Wombat View Post
    I think it's kosher because it has two triggers. If they had made it a single trigger, it would be a problem.
    God NFA is stupid.....b/c you can't possibly pull both triggers at once! :duh:

I guess it's asking too much to have that un-Constitutional POS legislation repealed.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Its gotta work off a single trigger squeeze because it said ALL 16 rounds could be fired in 3 seconds! thats a lot of lead. I want that to be my new carry gun >
    There ain't many problems a man can't fix- with $700 and a 30-06!

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    I guess it's asking too much to have that un-Constitutional POS legislation repealed.
    Probably. It would be nice to at least see it amended. However, large sections of it never should have been enforced by the courts because, as you point out, they're unconstitutional.

Properly considered, the Second Amendment protects a fundamental right, so any attempt by Congress to limit it *should* be subject to strict scrutiny (the court presumes a law/policy restricting the right to be invalid unless the government can demonstrate a compelling interest to justify it, and then the law must be narrowly tailored to accomplish the compelling interest). Under this test, NFA fails, along with the AWB and most "gun control" legislation on the books. The problem, of course, is the matter has never been properly considered. It was only in June 2008 that the S.Ct. even stated that the Second Amendment protects an individual right -- and that only squeaked by on a 5-4 vote. They have not yet declared this right to be on par with the others protected in the Bill of Rights.
    “Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” -- James Madison

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors