Caution When Considering Jack Ross Ammo
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Caution When Considering Jack Ross Ammo

Caution When Considering Jack Ross Ammo

I would hesitate to recommend Jack Ross Ammo to anyone.

After the posts here by "jack ross", I placed an order for 1K of reloaded 9mm and 1K of reloaded .40 back on March 21st. I was told that the price would be going up due to pre-election hysteria by the end of March (the price is STILL the same on the website at the end of May, btw) and that they would be charging me to "lock my order in". I was told it would be April 15th before the ammo would ship and I accepted those terms.

April 15th came and went....no update, (no problem) so I called. I was told it would be a few more weeks. Few more weeks came and went....it's the beginning of May. I sent an email....no response...to this day. I called and got a girl to answer the phone who told me they were buying two more reloading machines to help meet demand and that it should be mid-May. I called last Thursday and Friday.....got an answering machine (Friday I can understand....with the long weekend) and left messages. Sent an email Thursday.....I'm not expecting a response.

So I call today....the 877 line and the normal number eventually go to voice mail. I don't know if they're just extremely busy or they just don't answer email or they've gone under.....but at this point they have roughly $400 or so of my money and I don't have product OR any timeline for when it might show up.

The other bad thing is: They charged my credit card (and I paid it like a moron) without shipping product. Now I have no recourse with the credit card company. I knew that going in....but figured I wouldn't get fucked by a domestic firearms/ammo company. So, learn a lesson from my mistake....don't ever agree to let a company charge you for something before they ship it to you. Sure, let them put a hold on the account for the money....but don't actually let them charge it.....and certainly don't be an idiot like me and PAY for it before you receive shipment confirmation.

That said, this may all work out....but at this point the complete lack of communication on Jack Ross Ammo's part (except when I initiate such contact) is unacceptable and I'd hesitate doing business with them again based on the fact that you can't get a hold of them to answer basic questions about your paid for order.

2 cents,
    Sean

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Re: Caution When Considering Jack Ross Ammo

Dam that sucks man, I hope it works out. Thanks for the heads up and let us know if you hear anything. Where are they located out of?

Nevada....

I just googled Jack Ross....apparently, this is an ongoing problem with backorders and pre-payment.

Hopefully it all works out.....regardless, I'll post up if/when I get the ammo.

Most reviews have said good ammo at a good price but the wait sucks. I'm over 2 months now....the longest I've seen previous is just under 2 months.

Sean
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Sounds like another company I know.... What was it called? Ar? Ra? Oh well. I'm sure it will come to me.

Even though you paid the CC, you can still dispute the charge if you want.

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"
    "It Is A Weak Man Who Urges Compromise!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    Even though you paid the CC, you can still dispute the charge if you want.
    I've been told by one of my CC companies in the past that I'm not allowed to dispute after paying....is that not correct?

I'll have to check with them, IF it becomes necessary.

Just called Jack Ross again....got a new voice mail up that says they are in the process of moving facilities and should have everything up and running again on the 30th (tomorrow).

Odd, when I called and left messages on Thurs/Fri last week, the message didn't say anything about the move or the 30th. The new message implies that it was recorded before this holiday weekend.

Oh well.....I don't think I'm going to get stiffed on the ammo at this point....their communications just suck.

I also posted in the other thread of having the exact experience Sean has had.

You should be able to dispute it with your CC company none the less. I plan on doing so if I have not seen my ammo in the next week or two.
    Riding, Shooting, or Golfing...you pick and I will be there.

You can dispute it, as you have not received the item ordered.

It may depend on the bank who the card is with but I have seen "Chargebacks" hit merchant account up to a year afterwards.

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"
    "It Is A Weak Man Who Urges Compromise!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    You can dispute it, as you have not received the item ordered.

It may depend on the bank who the card is with but I have seen "Chargebacks" hit merchant account up to a year afterwards.
    Thanks for the input guys.....I'll definitely look into the chargeback if I don't get the ammo in the next few weeks.

I appreciate the help.

Sean

Sean,

I had a similar situation happen to me. They can easily charge back up to 6 months. Depending on the card, you may have to put the dispute in writing but most will handle it over the phone. I feel your pain.
    "Imagine a world in which we are all enlightened by objective truths rather than offended by them" - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Sponsors