Vortex Sparc vs. Other Light Weight/Inexpensive Red Dots?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vortex Sparc vs. Other Light Weight/Inexpensive Red Dots?

Vortex Sparc vs. Other Light Weight/Inexpensive Red Dots?

I have several Aimpoint T-1 Micros....but the budget won't allow another. I have a LaRue mount for a T-1 (HK height) which I plan to run with Troy Micro BUIS.

Isn't there another lower cost Micro T-1 size red dot out there besides the Vortex Sparc?

If so, anyone know the name and have an idea of the quality vs. the Vortex?

Thanks,
    Sean
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Re: Vortex Sparc vs. Other Light Weight/Inexpensive Red Dots?

Bushnell's TRS 1x25mm and Konus's 7247 Sight Pro Atomic are all I'm finding....and the reviews on the Konus are that it's crap even with lifetime warranty....dot's not bright enough and the body strips out when you tighten the screws.

The Bushnell seems to be better rated.....3 MOA dot.....but I have no idea on the battery life or if the bolt pattern is the same as a Micro T-1. I'm hoping it's similar in battery life to the Sparc and the bolt pattern works.

Anyone know anything about the Bushnell?

Thanks,
    Sean
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Primary Arms was the other one I was trying to think of......besides the Sparc.

Anyone have any experience with the Primary Arms MD-06.....with the removable base? I'm thinking it's the same bolt pattern as an Aimpoint.

Thanks,
    Sean

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post

Anyone have any experience with the Primary Arms MD-06.....with the removable base? I'm thinking it's the same bolt pattern as an Aimpoint.

Thanks,
    Sean
    It's the same bolt pattern as the Aimpoint Micro.

I have 2 of them, one on a MP15-22 and one that has bounced from rifle to rifle as I was proving the Micro concept to myself. The one on my 22 has seen over 10k and still going strong and holding zero. The other one once zeroed for the rifle it was on also held zero. I am very happy with them for the price and Primary Arms is a good company that stands behind there stuff. The windage cap O-ring split and I had a new one in hand in 4 days. Both sit on top of American Defense absolute zero micro mounts.

Now I have not crawled thru the mud or gone swimming with either of them, but they are a great alternative for range and training use.

One thing about the SPARC, it uses a weird battery, CR2354, which are hard to find locally. The Primary Arms one uses common CR2032 batteries.
    "Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt." - Pres. A. Lincoln

The Bushnell doesn't *appear* to have a removable base.....JFYI.

Quote Originally Posted by cjt50 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post

Thanks,
    Sean
    It's the same bolt pattern as the Aimpoint Micro.

I have 2 of them, one on a MP15-22 and one that has bounced from rifle to rifle as I was proving the Micro concept to myself. The one on my 22 has seen over 10k and still going strong and holding zero. The other one once zeroed for the rifle it was on also held zero. I am very happy with them for the price and Primary Arms is a good company that stands behind there stuff. The windage cap O-ring split and I had a new one in hand in 4 days. Both sit on top of American Defense absolute zero micro mounts.

Now I have not crawled thru the mud or gone swimming with either of them, but they are a great alternative for range and training use.

One thing about the SPARC, it uses a weird battery, CR2354, which are hard to find locally. The Primary Arms one uses common CR2032 batteries.
    VERY good info. Much appreciated. Thanks! I'm leaning more towards the Primary Arms red dot than the others.

Thanks again.

Sean

I have the primary arms reflex micro green dot and love the thing. It is a little different set up that the aimpoint style, but I love the green dot--a little easier to see in the daylight. I have noticed that primary arms is out of stock on alot of items lately.
    "Spes Mea in Deo Est"--My hope is in GOD
    The antidote for fifty enemies is one friend.--Aristotle

I like the Sig Sauer STS-081. 175 bucks most places and it is a peach! I used to get them from Botach for 89 bucks til they discontinued them... I picked up a Sparc out of curiosity. It seems to be pretty good. My biggest gripes about it are the on-off button. you have to fumble around on a rubber pad on the side to find it. The brightness settings are then on the back of the thing. Turning it off is one of those "hold for three seconds" things which makes impatient dicks like me go insane... They say the paralax is zero after 50 yards. I question that. The Sig on the other hand is much easier to deal with. You turn the big knob on the side to turn it on and then keep turning it for brightness... It actually has zero paralax and it is rugged, clear, brite and relatively cheap. Well worth the money. I have five of them and some are on AK's. They handle recoil just fine and the ones on the AK's take a fair amount of heat due to the magazine dumps we do just to watch the handguards smoke...ha ha ha. They are my choice for best cheap dot site...
    Little boys do what they want. Real men do what they're supposed to...

Primary Arms. Much cheaper. I have not had much luck with lower end Vortex stuff. Both companies have excellent customer service; make RA look like a joke. But having to return products for warranty is never ideal... So I would look at PA.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

Quote Originally Posted by moosedaddy View Post
    I like the Sig Sauer STS-081. 175 bucks most places and it is a peach! I used to get them from Botach for 89 bucks til they discontinued them... I picked up a Sparc out of curiosity. It seems to be pretty good. My biggest gripes about it are the on-off button. you have to fumble around on a rubber pad on the side to find it. The brightness settings are then on the back of the thing. Turning it off is one of those "hold for three seconds" things which makes impatient dicks like me go insane... They say the paralax is zero after 50 yards. I question that. The Sig on the other hand is much easier to deal with. You turn the big knob on the side to turn it on and then keep turning it for brightness... It actually has zero paralax and it is rugged, clear, brite and relatively cheap. Well worth the money. I have five of them and some are on AK's. They handle recoil just fine and the ones on the AK's take a fair amount of heat due to the magazine dumps we do just to watch the handguards smoke...ha ha ha. They are my choice for best cheap dot site...
    I'll look into it Moose. Thanks for the heads up. ****EDIT*** I guess the Sig unit is made by Itac (who is owned by Sig or affiliated in some way)...... (for my own reference)

http://www.amazon.com/Itac-Defense-I.../dp/B002MK0K6U

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors