Spineless companies caving in already... - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Spineless companies caving in already...

Re: Spineless companies caving in already...

Tom, Mossbergs just don't hold up as well in my experience.
    I've got a buddy from the old days at Gunsite, he runs the 'Smithy there - he's said the same thing.
    As well as a few instructors I know too.
    People cite that Mossberg won the military trials, and they did. But look at who they competed against, and even more so who they didn't.
    I sold my last Mossberg, and haven't looked back since.
    Of course, ymmv ;D
    Do you really think we want laws to be observed? We want them broken. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be crimes that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants law-abiding citizens? Pass the kind of laws that can’t be observed, enforced, or objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers.

I went to both of the bigger shops here a little over a week ago, before the full frenzy set in. Both were busy as hell, but well stocked on pretty much everything.

Went back to one yesterday and the wall that had held around 60 rifles had 4 on it. I'm guessing the other which has a larger inventory looks similar.

There were still plenty of pistols yesterday, that was getting thin even tonight. They did still have some ammo.

They also had a fair number of shotguns left.

That guy, he said I should be oblong and have my knees removed. But I don't trust him, he plays the banjo.

Went to my local Sportsman's Warehouse yesterday to buy some gun bluing expecting to see bare walls for guns....nope, they had pretty much at least one of each pistol on the wall....plenty of bolt actions and shotguns....I didn't check ARs.

What I noticed was the ammo supply (their prices are OUTRAGEOUSLY high all the time anyway).....shelves were not empty....but getting very close.

Sean
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo View Post
    Tom, Mossbergs just don't hold up as well in my experience.
    I've got a buddy from the old days at Gunsite, he runs the 'Smithy there - he's said the same thing.
    As well as a few instructors I know too.
    People cite that Mossberg won the military trials, and they did. But look at who they competed against, and even more so who they didn't.
    I sold my last Mossberg, and haven't looked back since.
    Of course, ymmv ;D
    I have a 590A1 that I've been pretty happy with. I actually bought it for the "built like a tank" reputation, and proceeded to run it through a bit of a martial arts work out as a bludgeoning tool to see how it held up. So far, so good.

That said, if I was reaching for a shotgun to defend myself or my family with, my Benelli M4 would be my first choice.
    - Tom Aiello
    [email protected]

...I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

Is the benelli m4 worth $1799? Is it enough better than FN's tactical shotgun which is closer to $1400? Thanks!

I don't know about the FN shotgun in particular, but since they took over Winchester, I wonder if the FN shotgun is essentially the same as the Winchester 1300.
    If it's the same design as the Winchester, stay away from it. They're just not up to heavy use. They're used in the sandbox, and broken by the pallet load (not an exaggeration, literally a pallet load of broken shotguns stacked like wood). I got rid of mine, wasn't impressed with the internals after I stripped it.

Tom, ask a guy here called Crash about his 590A1. There's just certain things that make me wince, some things that make me cringe. Looking at the slide rails on his Mossberg after getting a stuck shell out made me cringe. I know there were some 'contributing factors', but I wasn't impressed with the durability of my 590.

Now the M4, that's a whole 'nuther animal. I've never owned one myself (I prefer the stupid simplicity of a pump gun when it comes to smoothbores). I did notice that at one point, they split the class up for M4 owners in their own group - the manual of arms is just that different. I know some really high-speed-low-drag guys that run them and prefer them, including a custom 14" job by Uncle Hans. If I were to with a self-shucker, that'd be my first choice too.
    Do you really think we want laws to be observed? We want them broken. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be crimes that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants law-abiding citizens? Pass the kind of laws that can’t be observed, enforced, or objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers.

Yup, reliability of the 930 is a big question mark. Some have zero problems, others have plenty. I went ahead with the Supernova. Not much to go wrong with a pump. Plus, if prices go up after the first, as being said by all local shops, it's a good buy and a good one to sit on to sell later.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsors