PTR 91 special edition
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PTR 91 special edition

tk [OP]

PTR 91 special edition

So I'm out at the local gun shops, seeing what's available in the way of FALs. And there it is on the shelf: No, not a FAL, but a special edition PTR 91. Free-floated, fluted barrel; railed receiver; match trigger group; adjustable stock and bipod. A slicker version of their regular perimeter rifle. Supposedly, only about 60 were made. Expensive, but about the same as the FAL with the medium barrel, railed receiver and match trigger.

Anyone have experience with this line? Thoughts and opinions?

The colonel said in another post that the original 91s were real hard on brass; does that hold up with these, as well?

thanks for the help

tk
    The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for re-election and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake free people get to make only once." Judge Alex Kozinski, 9th District

Re: PTR 91 special edition

I have a ptr-91k(carbine) and It is a sweet rifle.I've never geard of the model your talking about,but it sounds like it would be a nice piece.How much did they want for it?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
    War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing worth a war, is worse.... A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.----John Stuart Mill

HK-91s have a fluted chamber for more reliability in using various ammo. If you plan on reloading go back looking for an FAL. If you DON'T reload, and the price is right snatch it up. I have one and they shoot great, but they do kick harder than the FAL. If I had the cash/trade for it, I would probably be cleaning it after a long day at the range. ;D ;D ;D
    Fio para bellator - be the Prepared Warrior

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

tk [OP]

They were looking for $2,300. But that's a little better than what a similarly equipped FAL would cost.

I'm a reloader, and that hurts. It's a a sweet piece.

tk
    The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for re-election and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake free people get to make only once." Judge Alex Kozinski, 9th District

I believe JLD altered the chamber just a bit so the cases won't get as damaged.Either way they won't have as much life as a non-fluted chamber.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
    War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing worth a war, is worse.... A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.----John Stuart Mill

I would offer them $2,000 Cash in hand....... in these hard times they may well take it. : > :2cents: :toast:

tk [OP]

I'm tempted. It's sweet. But if it chews up brass so that I can't reload, then I'm not going to be able to shoot it as much I'd like.

tk

If this is a verified documented factory special rifle ,then possibly one day it could have some serious value.If not then I really cant see dropping 2k on a "special" PTR.I got mine for $835 bucks delivered to my local FFL.Granted that was a few years ago,but you can still get the version I have for about a grand.
    You can put about any kind of accessories on it you want.I put an m4 type collapsable on mine and a screw on rail on the top where the claw mount would go,and it is a really nice setup.I had Bill Springfield do a trigger job on mine and now it is a super sweet shooter.
    This sumbitch ain't never malfed even with Indian ammo,you know the kind that deposits that superstickyass powder residue.I mean this is nasty stuff.It was a bitch to clean(that ammo),when I bothered to do it.Wolf,Barnaul,all the cheap stuff it never barfs,belches or farts on any of it.
    I have about $1500 in the rifle,scope rail/base(120 bucks from DSA)nice assault rifle case,too many magazines to count,at $1.50 a pop why the hell not,and the m4 stock.I don't have any glass on it at the moment,but when I did,under 600 meters I think I could give someone a pretty hard time,and my eyes are shit.
    If you want I could blast a few rounds and take pics of the cases and you could see for yourself if they were salvageable.Truthfully its been a good while since I actually looked at the spent brass.

Hey TK go to their website and see if that model has a different chamber. While there check out the current price. :duh:

Try gunbroker too that might give you some real asking prices,and possibly pick up an good deal too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsors