Any magazines to stay away from.

Thread: Any magazines to stay away from.

Any magazines to stay away from.

Took my brand new XCR-L to the range yesterday and ran 240 rounds of 55g through it, and purposely used three different magazines (all evil 30 round), Magpul, Tapco and the Robinson included metal mag. No problems with any of them, although I did have to re-seat a Tapco once...but that may have been my fault for not whacking it hard enough.

Anybody notice any brands that don't work reliably in their XCR?

The only magazines I've had trouble with are old C-Products 42 rounders, and I have trouble with them in all my rifles.

Pmags, HK mags, C-Products, ASC, Colt, FN and CMMG magazines have all been fine for me.

I'm not really aware of any magazines that the XCR doesn't like.
    - Tom Aiello
    [email protected]

...I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I am having problems with FAL Mags and M14 mags in my XCR

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

I Kid! so far I have found all mags work just fine. This includes Malaysian GI, USGI, C-products, PMags, HK, etc

I had issue with the C-Products that came with the XCR and a Korean mag. I wouldn't chalk either up to the platform; they were just bad mags. The C-Products one got worse after I tapped it too hard on a closed bolt. My fault to be sure, but it wasn't reliable to begin with. That also reinforced my theory of preferring plastic mags to metal-the metal will bend and you won't know it until there's problems, where the plastic will crack/break and be more apparent.
    Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyChryst View Post
    I had issue with the C-Products that came with the XCR and a Korean mag.
    Was the C-products a 5.56 magazine?

I know there were reports of problems with some of the C-Products 7.62x39 magazines, although I've never had any problems with mine.
    - Tom Aiello
    [email protected]

...I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

Some of the older gen CProducts 5.56 mags were bad. DTOM had a good post on mic'ing the feed lips and bending them to the right spec to make them work. They were generally their SS mags if that helps.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

In the -L, any mag I've tried ran just fine. My favorite are the Singapore SA80 mags - parkerized steel bodies, USGI followers, and good springs.
    In the -M, the CProducts mags don't want to lock the bolt to the rear when empty.
    It's a real bitch that I bought a full stack of them, in anticipation of the -M. I'll have to swap them for something else later
    Do you really think we want laws to be observed? We want them broken. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be crimes that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants law-abiding citizens? Pass the kind of laws that can’t be observed, enforced, or objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers.

I had trouble with the gen 2 non window pmags in my L in 5.56.
    Gen 3, c-products, hk, no problems.

I've had no problem with standard GI mags, and Magpuls have been flawless. I picked up three Lancer magazines and they were terrible. All three magazines had regular jams, including double feeds. It was as if they were just puking up the rounds. I don't know if the issue was with the follower or what, but with so many other magazines out there that do work, I dumped these and decided to stick with magazines I know work.

Sponsors