Hammer spring/trigger pull question

Thread: Hammer spring/trigger pull question

Hammer spring/trigger pull question

I'm wondering how heavy a trigger pull folks have with and without the heavy hammer spring (current production trigger only). My first XCR (XL072xx) came with the standard-weight spring, and my newer rifle (XL085xx) came as a 7.62x39 with the heavy one. The first XCR pulls at an average of 4lbs 7oz (with only about 2oz variation either way), and the second averages 5lbs 3oz (but varied from 4lbs 11oz to 5lbs 11oz). The trigger on my newer XCR still feels much better than average for a semi-auto, but my I'd describe the one on my first one as the best I've ever shot in a combat rifle.

Has anyone else noticed this difference? (Especially before and after with the same gun, if you added a heavy spring to your rifle.)
    “Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” -- James Madison

When I get back from Korea I will try and measure mine for you. I have the Lyman digital gauge and it has proven very accurate. I honestly didn't notice a difference when I switched the first time.
    Don't confuse enthusiasm for competence

Want more grip for your M&P Pistol? Send me a message.

After the spring change on the new gen trigger from 5.56 to 7.62 spring, it felt harder to pull. Don't have a trigger pull gauge so cannot tell by how much. I even considered changing back to the 5.56 spring but didn't want to worry about FTFs on 7.62 ammo.

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"
    "It Is A Weak Man Who Urges Compromise!!"

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by aziator View Post
    When I get back from Korea I will try and measure mine for you. I have the Lyman digital gauge and it has proven very accurate. I honestly didn't notice a difference when I switched the first time.
    Thanks. I have a Lyman as well -- I like it.

Where in Korea are you right now? I did a year in Taegu back in 98-99.
    “Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” -- James Madison

I am at the Hump right now, waiting to fly an aircraft over the North Pacific/Berring sea. Who else wants to go island hoping this time of year...
    Don't confuse enthusiasm for competence

Want more grip for your M&P Pistol? Send me a message.

Had to meet a soldier at the detention facility on Humphreys once. Tried to explain to the Korean taxi driver where we were going -- words like "detention facility," "prison," "jail," etc. didn't work. Then I pantomimed being behind bars. His response? "Ahhh . . . you want go Monkey House!"

Stay safe out there.

Sponsors