Xcr m sling any ideas???? - Page 2
Like Tree7Likes
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Xcr m sling any ideas????

Sig
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo View Post
    In all honesty, I'm about ready to put one of the M4 fixed stock adapters on my -M, and shove a MagPul CTR stock with 1/4" riser on it. Just like my carbines.
    My first XCR came with the fixed stock. I've found that although not as cool looking as the FAST stock, I find I actually prefer the fixed stock.

I'll let you know about the Magpul kit. I was wondering why I could never find it, never looked under "shotguns" lol

On a sidenote, I can remember the only time when you tried to solve problems was when you talked with your shooting buddies (before computers). I tried using the QD mount where it was located on the fast stock and here I thought I was missing the boat on why it was placed there because I didn't really care for it. Nice to know it's not just me
    Last edited by Sig; 04-06-2013 at 11:19 AM.
    If assholes could fly, this place would be JFK international.

Thanks Sig, I'll wait with baited breath for your experience with the magpul kit.

what magpul kit are you refering to sig? is it a fixed for the xcr-m? i would be totally interested for a spare

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Sig
    Quote Originally Posted by mjorin View Post
    Thanks Sig, I'll wait with baited breath for your experience with the magpul kit.
    If RA would of put that hole over by no more than 1/8", the kit would (should) work no problem. The probem is with the width of the QD cup (what you're mounting to the stock). The hole RA has provided on the stock is to close to the lip of the buttstock to get a flush fit with the QD cup to utilize the entire opening of the backside of the QD cup. You could try to make it work, the but the QD cup would be on a slight angle and I prefer not to go that route.

You can actually line up the QD cup over the hole that RA has provided in the stock, but the opening (where to insert the screw from the backside) on the QD cup dimminishes slightly, and you can't get the provided screw through the hole. I'm thinking a thinner screw with nut should actually give it a good chance of working (adding a washer on my end to boot). When you line the QD cup over the hole and the QD cup is flush agasint the stock, it looks like a smaller screw will work. Checked, don't have anything that short. Will make a local hardware run shortly.

I apologize for my technical writing abilities.
    Last edited by Sig; 04-10-2013 at 01:09 PM.

Sig
    Quote Originally Posted by PDP View Post
    what magpul kit are you refering to sig? is it a fixed for the xcr-m? i would be totally interested for a spare
    A quick detatch kit to install on the fast stock.

Sig
    Replace the Magpul #10-24x1/2 button head screw with a #6-32x1/2 screw, and the QD cup will fit flush against the stock (will have to use a washer as well). Only problem was I grabbed the 1" screw (from Magpul) on the way to the hardware store and got the wrong length, and the only thing the local hardware store had was stainless steel.

Pictures? Is this the same kit I posted earlier in this thread? Just to clarify for ordering purposes. Thank-you.

Sig
    Yes, same kit (I believe the #1 kit from Magpul). You have to go with the 1/2" length screw (they give you three screws, not two as in the picture for some reason).

After looking at it, you may get away with a size larger screw, not certain (for .50 may run up just to see that larger size would work).

And I feel like an idiot. I proclaim to read instructions, but I failed to do so in this case. The screw goes through the OD cup which will then protrude from the back side of the stock (I was doing it half assed backwards and I was wondering how in the hell you were supposed to tighten that nut IN the QD cup). Inserting the screw through the QD cups seems to allow the cup to get a flush fit, but the issue is the screw is going through the hole in the stock at a slight angle which doesn't seem to allow you to get flush contact between the nut and the backside of the stock.

As mentioned, if the hole provided by RA was no more than 1/8" over from the edge of the stock, the stock screw would work like a champ and you'd actually have more room to work with that nut on the backside.

Xcr m sling any ideas????-magpul.png
    Last edited by Sig; 04-12-2013 at 04:06 AM.

OK, I'm not sure how I missed this earlier post on the same subject but here is another idea for mounting a QD swivel. This post was from DTOM.

Re: F.A.S.T. Stock Sling Mount Point ?

Ok there is a small hole near the buttpad on the FAST stock,go to this website (UMPB) Push Button Sling Swivel and buy on of those,run the bolt through the hole and a nut and washer on the backside and you have a QD mount,problem solved. I'm not sure what the problem is but why the hell would you want the sling on the stock when it folds anyway? To each their own I guess.
    Last edited by mjorin; 04-26-2014 at 08:48 PM.

If I weren't a lazy SOB I'd post pics, but I'm just running 550 chord through that hole and mounting the sling to it. Works great and the price is right. I'm doing the same for the front sling mount, just running a double line (braided so it's pretty, and offers a good grip). I trust my life with 550 chord and the price is right.
    It's all fun and games till you get off at Auschwitz.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsors