Xcr m sling any ideas???? - Page 3
Like Tree7Likes
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Xcr m sling any ideas????

Sig
    Quote Originally Posted by mjorin View Post
    I'm not sure what the problem is but why the hell would you want the sling on the stock when it folds anyway? To each their own I guess.
    Mine is NEVER folded and I only have to hump the rifle out in the back yard
    If assholes could fly, this place would be JFK international.

My safe's too small.....folding the stocks in a couple instances allows me to put more guns in it.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Sig
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    My safe's too small.....folding the stocks in a couple instances allows me to put more guns in it.
    Man up and buy another safe. Sooner or later you're going to need it anyways
    If assholes could fly, this place would be JFK international.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Already need one....just can't afford it.
    Merlin and Bravo like this.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Here is a couple of pictures of a FAST stock with the Magpul QD sling swivel socket attached. Looks pretty good!Xcr m sling any ideas????-030.jpgXcr m sling any ideas????-031.jpg

I wonder if you could get a sling swivel trapped between your shoulder and the stock like that.
    I had that problem while running a Vickers sling on my shotgun - wound up having to mod the sling so it couldn't bother me.
    Do you really think we want laws to be observed? We want them broken. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be crimes that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants law-abiding citizens? Pass the kind of laws that canít be observed, enforced, or objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers.

Bravo,
    Do you mean between your shoulder and the side of the rubber butt plate or the back of the rubber but plate? By the way, how did the M run in the Battle Rifle competition?

The swivel itself would get pinched between the side of the stock and my shoulder, but the sling adjustment hardware would get trapped occasionally between the buttplate and my shoulder. Rarely - but sometimes - edge on.
    So the hardware was stripped off, and a much shorter swivel was sewn directly into the sling at a local upholstery shop. Works great now, but I wonder if you wouldn't have similar problems with this rig......

As for the comp, it got rained out. Which sucks. I made it understood to all involved that I wasn't made of sugar and had no fear of melting. It's rescheduled for when I've already got prior obligations. Go figure.
    I know there'll be another one soon though.
    Do you really think we want laws to be observed? We want them broken. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be crimes that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants law-abiding citizens? Pass the kind of laws that canít be observed, enforced, or objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers.

I love those Vickers slings. I haven't found anything better.

It really depends on what I'm doing with the firearm, as to what I feel I need the sling to do.
    For a carbine or a shotgun, I like the Vickers. It's a "holster for the firearm", but I'm not using it as a "shooting aid" beyond a possible hasty sling. It keeps the firearm out of the way (cinched down across my chest) for times I need my "workspace" clear, and they don't allow the firearm to hit me in the junk when I transition to pistol, or beat my knees while on the move.

For applications where I'm using a sling as a shooting aid, I prefer the slings from Tactical Intervention. I've been using them for 15+ years, long before they were standard issue items for Marine and Army snipers. They don't do anything a standard 1919 sling won't, but they're MUCH more durable, and are MUCH faster to get into and out of. Can't recommend them any higher, really.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsors