Xcr m sling any ideas????
Like Tree7Likes
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Xcr m sling any ideas????

Cool Xcr m sling any ideas????

Hey everybody

Im wondering if anyone has any ideas on how i could attach a one or two point sling to my XCR M??

It has a fast stock on it and i just cant seem to figure anything out.

Ive tried contacting ROBARMS but they havnt got back to me and its been months.

If you guys have any ideas it would be much appreciated.

the fast stock has a QD stud, so you can get a QD sling attachment. You can also get one that attaches to a picatiiny rail, install it on the side rail of the handguard. Now, you've got a 1 or 2 point sling setup..
    Last edited by Tommycanada; 04-02-2013 at 05:47 PM.

What he said.
    Except putting a 2 point sling on the underside of the FAST stock sucks.
    I don't prefer it, but it's the best I've been able to do so far.
    Do you really think we want laws to be observed? We want them broken. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be crimes that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants law-abiding citizens? Pass the kind of laws that can’t be observed, enforced, or objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Yeah, I haven't found anything I like either. Using the QD socket on the bottom of the FAST stock rubs on my shooting hand. I really wish it had a socket on the left side of the steel portion of the FAST stock and another on the rear part of the steel portion (below the actual stock). As soon as they come out, I'm going to try a Magpul MS4, attached to an RSA-QD on the top rail (all the way back).
    “Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” -- James Madison

Yep....same issue I noted when I first used the FAST. It needs a QD socket on the rear toe and the current location needs to be moved slightly....and while they're at it.....they should redesign the angle it folds at and make it a mechanical lock on the folding mechanism.

Oh well....it'll never happen (at least until I get a CNC machine, LOL).
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    Yep....same issue I noted when I first used the FAST. It needs a QD socket on the rear toe and the current location needs to be moved slightly....and while they're at it.....they should redesign the angle it folds at and make it a mechanical lock on the folding mechanism.

Oh well....it'll never happen (at least until I get a CNC machine, LOL).
    It would be nice if someone who owns a machine shop were to develop a serious XCR hobby. Imagine . . . finally having front sights to go on our gas block dovetails, lightened uppers with removable rail sections, custom barrels, Mountainman charging handles and Ezed adapters for all . . . *sigh*
    “Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” -- James Madison

Would this Magpul sling mount kit work on the little hole on the side of the butt of the stock?

Could this sling adapter (linked below) be bolted on the flat base of the fast stock?

AR-15/M16 SS SERIES SLING ADAPTER | Brownells

What the hell were they thinking in designing the fast stock without some side mount QD holes?

The simple answer is that they were thinking you don't want a sling attachment point on a stock that folds.
    But there are some of us out there that prefer our stocks not to fold, and want a rear sling attachment point.
    I don't know if the MagPul part would work, but if it does, that'd be an elegant and simple fix to an odd problem. Not to mention the irony of needing a MagPul product to fix a FAST stock deficiency.
    In all honesty, I'm about ready to put one of the M4 fixed stock adapters on my -M, and shove a MagPul CTR stock with 1/4" riser on it. Just like my carbines.
    Do you really think we want laws to be observed? We want them broken. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be crimes that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants law-abiding citizens? Pass the kind of laws that can’t be observed, enforced, or objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers.

Thanks for the help guys!! ill try and post some picks when i get my sling.

I guess my oakley gloves will come in handy

finally

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponsors