Sig Sauer MPX-C Carbine available in .9mm,.40 cal., .357 SIG
Like Tree3Likes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sig Sauer MPX-C Carbine available in .9mm,.40 cal., .357 SIG

Sig Sauer MPX-C Carbine available in .9mm,.40 cal., .357 SIG

The Sig Sauer MPX could be a true winner. They are initially going to be available in 9mm. With kit options in .40 cal. and .357 SIG. I am hoping you can just buy the gun in the caliber you request. As 9mm ammunition is not cost effective at this time. Magazines will be pricey but maybe they will bundle them in three or five packs. I am interested in the MPX-C carbine 16 inch barrel in the SIG .357 cal.. For target and hog hunting in florida. The .357 sig caliber also has a lot of flash and bark. Which is fun for the range and the hunt. They will also need to lower the MSRP price quite a bit. In todays economy $2,000.00 is a stretch.Availability appears to be on 4-16-14 but in 9mm only. And those pre-orders are in the 2k price range. Priced too high for basically a handgun caliber. Looks promising but only time will tell. It is also possible that it will come with lifetime warranty. Hopefully once they start mass production in 2014.

Another option is the Sig MCX available in 5.56 or 7.62x39. With a collapsible stock or folding stock. You can google the Sig MCX PDW for pics. With carbon forearm and a new short stroke gas piston system with a forward recoil spring, etc.. Another option for an AR. I might just pick one up once available in 5.56 with the collapsible stock. As I have ammo and magazines for it. The .357 Sig doesnt have enough ft/lbs at distance. At least Sig is coming out with different solutions.
    Last edited by BADDFROGG; 11-20-2013 at 12:57 PM.

Sorry, but I just don't see the purpose behind a pistol caliber carbine.
    I made that determination back in like 2001 or 2002, while running an Uzi. Specifically, I was concentrating on a 200 yard shot, and thought to myself "if I had my CAR, this would be a chip shot".
    Later, I got to thinking about it, and my CAR was danged close in weight to the Uzi (mine had the metal folding stock).
    Thus I kept the CAR and ditched the Uzi.
    If anything, I'd be wanting to go with a VERY light AR type instead.
    Do you really think we want laws to be observed? We want them broken. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be crimes that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants law-abiding citizens? Pass the kind of laws that can’t be observed, enforced, or objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers.

I agree....what is the advantage to 9mm over say 5.56 in an SBR package? Very little I can see.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

I had a kriss vector in 45 acp it was a toy had no real use to much bullet drop past 100 yds and anything less is pistol range and you can buy 2 dam nice handguns for the price of one so I sold it and got my xcr-l never looked back and will never go pistol caliber carbine again......been there, done that... kind of a thing

I don't know about some fancy expensive Sig, but I think that PCC's can be fun to shoot. It goes without saying that they aren't a battle rifle. It does seem that at one time there where a lot of sub-gun type of deals being used or issued though.
    hope for the best, prepare for the worst, and make hay while the sun shines!

Yup!
    It used to be that SWAT loved the MP5. There are still some military units that love it, including a good friend of mine.
    HOWEVER, it was found that for operations inside the US, especially by people who SAY they don't want to "endanger the public", the 5.56 is a much better round than the 9mm.

Example: a guy that Crash and I know was running a serious warrant service. One of his team members goes into the kitchen, to be jumped by the dude - they got in a wrestling match for the Colt Commando the team guy was using, and the fight went to the floor quick. The dude was trying to shoot the team guy with his own carbine, which went off 3 times before the dude could be controlled by the rest of the team. None of the bullets left the house, and one didn't even make it through the kitchen cabinets.

Significantly less penetration than a 9mm.
    Do you really think we want laws to be observed? We want them broken. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be crimes that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants law-abiding citizens? Pass the kind of laws that can’t be observed, enforced, or objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    I agree....what is the advantage to 9mm over say 5.56 in an SBR package? Very little I can see.
    Suppression?
    Sean K. likes this.
    - Tom Aiello
    [email protected]

...I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

Quote Originally Posted by TomAiello View Post
    Suppression?
    Excellent point.....at a much lower price point for ammo.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Although, googling it looks like that Sig is north of $2k?

That seems pretty excessive.

edit to add: And apparently there is an integrally suppressed version that isn't available to the serfs.
    - Tom Aiello
    [email protected]

...I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I built a suppressed 9mm AR for the "home defense" purpose with the reasoning that it would do it's job out to 50yds and I could fire it in the house without my ears bleeding after the fact.

Besides that though...... it's fun to shoot!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors