Wtf Tyr Tactical?!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By navalbeaver
  • 1 Post By bigern

Thread: Wtf Tyr Tactical?!

Wtf Tyr Tactical?!

So with my dream gun the M60 MK43's Form 4 now E-Filed and awaiting the ATF's blessing, I decided to check out a cool item that, while pricey, looked well made and like something I might purchase down the road as an accessory. It's the Tyr Tactical Machine Gunner's Assault Pack (MICO).

Military Packs, Tactical Backpacks, Molle Packs | TYR Tactical - Plate Carrier, Body Armor, Tactical Gear, Tactical Armor

I revisit the page to find that it's now "RESTRICTED: Gov't Sales Only." I call them and ask some questions about why the hell a backpack that simply holds linked ammo with a feed chute that clips to the gun would be restricted. The guy who answered told me it's because it could be a potentially "dangerous" item and they did it for "security" reasons. I pointed out the fact that the dangerous part would actually be the thing it feeds, not their fancy container, and that simply requiring a copy of somebody's approved stamp should be sufficient to sell to a lowly, untrustworthy civilian considering the FBI background check, fingerprints, etc. involved. He said the decision was made by Jason, the CEO. In closing, I laughed at the irony of his company doing its damnedest to prevent me (and other legal belt-fed owners who might be interested) from handing over $4,000 for, what must be, a high profit item.

Good job, Tyr Tactical...treat law-abiding, mentally sound, and thoroughly vetted civilians and veterans like potential security risks, psychos, etc. cus it seems like a really solid business model to bring in as much revenue as possible. I think it goes without saying that I won't be ordering any of their other items they've deemed "safe" for a rube such as myself to own, either...

Anybody else find this as arbitrary and insulting as I do, or am I just biased because I wanted one lol?

NFA items are insulting. These trainers that won't teach "low light tactics" to civilians are insulting. This is insulting.

It's all a big ridiculous steaming pile.
    Do what you've always done, get what you've always got. ----- Have gun. Will travel.

I'm clearly not responsible enough to handle a multicam backpack with a feed chute.

I've said it before. The NFA is bonkers. Legislating based solely on configuration is what my Grandma refers to as Fuc!ing retarded(no insult to the mentally handicapped, my Grandma just feels the word conveys her non-PC feelings on the matter most succinctly).

All this shit needs to go away.
    TexasChris likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

I agree, that stuff is stupid.
    But you know, for 4K, I'm betting you could get someone to build you one better than theirs.
    And this garbage is the reason I train where I do - doesn't matter what kind of a good guy you are, they treat civilians like civilians (that means cops don't have 'special rights').
    Do you really think we want laws to be observed? We want them broken. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be crimes that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants law-abiding citizens? Pass the kind of laws that can’t be observed, enforced, or objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers.

AAG
    Quote Originally Posted by navalbeaver View Post
    I'm clearly not responsible enough to handle a multicam backpack with a feed chute.

I've said it before. The NFA is bonkers. Legislating based solely on configuration is what my Grandma refers to as Fuc!ing retarded(no insult to the mentally handicapped, my Grandma just feels the word conveys her non-PC feelings on the matter most succinctly).

All this shit needs to go away.
    AMEN.

Are there any pro 2A groups working on amending the NFA? The sbr/suppressor market is HUGE. I got an atf eform email update 2 weeks ago saying that in one week (one week!) they got 898 Form 4s via efiling. You would think there would be lobbying efforts based upon those numbers. I wouldn't think removing sbrs at least from the NFA would be that politically difficult.

Yeah, that goes without saying I wish the NFA could be repealed along with the rest of the insanity, but this just took it to a whole new level for me.

At first I thought maybe he was talking about safety concerns, like some idiot with more $$ than brains/experience decides to buy a belt-fed, then proceeds to have a cookoff or runaway gun occur while hooked up to the 575rd backpack. He then panics instead of twisting the belt to either jam the gun/break the belt while maintaining control and keeping it pointed in a safe direction and ends up shooting a bunch of bystanders. Some crazy, far-fetched scenario like that for which Tyr would somehow be held liable. Nope.

And I agree, all the places/people that believe certain training is the sole domain of LE and Mil can go to hell, too.

The NFA still exists b/c of a no contest SCOTUS decision where the defendants were unable to appear in the court to present an argument, after the district court had already tossed the NFA for its nonsensical BS. Miller is a wretched abomination of judicial diarrhea.
    Last edited by bigern; 02-18-2014 at 06:17 PM.
    mjorin likes this.

Sponsors