The Jagdkommando Integral Tri-Dagger Fixed Blade Knife
Like Tree1Likes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Jagdkommando Integral Tri-Dagger Fixed Blade Knife

The Jagdkommando Integral Tri-Dagger Fixed Blade Knife

That looks pretty wicked.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

My dad picked up one of the all titanium models a couple years ago at a gun show. Very cool piece. It screws into the sheath pictured there.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

tk
    It does look cool. But I think it would be much less effective in use than more traditional designs.

It's extremely difficult to push a flat-bladed knife through a ribcage under the best of circumstances, but with this knife it would be impossible.

Wouldn't be very effective slicing, because the edges wouldn't stay in contact with the wound channel.

A stab into soft tissue would make a mess that would be hard to heal, but you wouldn't be able to follow up by pulling the edge through the tissue.

tk
    The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for re-election and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake free people get to make only once." Judge Alex Kozinski, 9th District

Agreed on all counts....as a knife, utility or fighting....it doesn't make much sense. Looks cool though.

I've always been enamored with knives....just the designs, the finishes, the metallurgy. This is one of those collectibles (IMO) that wouldn't serve any real purpose (though you could obviously stick someone with it).
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

tk
    Yeah, me too. When I was about 11, we went on vacation up to Rockport Mass., and on the way back, my mom took me to the John Woodman Higgins Armoy in worcester. They have one of the best collections of arms and armor in the country. She actually bought me a replica of a broad sword, and we even cool with it when I started choppign tin cans with it. A few years later I was doing martial arts and practicing with real weapons. I know it made my mom crazy but she gave me the freedom to pursue the passion. The woman had incredible faith....

tk

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    ...I've always been enamored with knives....just the designs, the finishes, the metallurgy. This is one of those collectibles (IMO) that wouldn't serve any real purpose (though you could obviously stick someone with it).
    The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for re-election and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake free people get to make only once." Judge Alex Kozinski, 9th District

Quote Originally Posted by tk View Post
    It does look cool. But I think it would be much less effective in use than more traditional designs.

It's extremely difficult to push a flat-bladed knife through a ribcage under the best of circumstances, but with this knife it would be impossible.

Wouldn't be very effective slicing, because the edges wouldn't stay in contact with the wound channel.

A stab into soft tissue would make a mess that would be hard to heal, but you wouldn't be able to follow up by pulling the edge through the tissue.

tk
    Here's one I picked up (after a 6 month lead time) that addresses all those things with tissue hooks to maintain control and a blade design meant for bony areas like vertebrae and ribs...

100% American Made. Made in America.

Quote Originally Posted by Trip5896 View Post
    Here's one I picked up (after a 6 month lead time) that addresses all those things with tissue hooks to maintain control and a blade design meant for bony areas like vertebrae and ribs...

Nice design. What kind of steel? Stainless oxide isn't very descriptive. Just wondering if it's S30V, S35VN, etc. Their Praetorian line of folders is really nice too as are some of their other fixed blades. Amazing how much a custom knife can cost now....especially with the advent of CNC machines doing a lot of the work.

Personally, I'm a HUGE fan of Bill Harsey's spear and tanto point H class knives. Too bad they are nearly impossible to get...and run around the same price as what you listed.

The Jagdkommando Integral Tri-Dagger Fixed Blade Knife-harsey-6_dsc6561.jpg

Name:  82402012.vTlrojru.jpg
Views: 1165
Size:  12.9 KB
    Last edited by Sean K.; 02-28-2014 at 12:21 PM.

tk
    Wow. That bad boy is pretty mission-specific. You stick that in someone and it ain't coming out accidentally.

tk

Quote Originally Posted by Trip5896 View Post

tk
    There used to be a guy in Kentucky named John Greco who made some really decent knives at very affordable prices. Most of his stuff was no-nonsense in design and execution, but he could get real creative with some. he called this his "kukri," although it borrows just as much from nihonto and modern designs. Been all over the Southwest with me (but not in that fancy sheath).

tk

The Jagdkommando Integral Tri-Dagger Fixed Blade Knife-dsc_0018.png

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors