300 AAC Dev update from Robarm - Page 11
Like Tree47Likes
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 153

Thread: 300 AAC Dev update from Robarm

  1. #101
    Rifleman willpgn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Souf Curlina
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by DenisChamberlin View Post
    I wonder if the admin can make it two separate threads
    Might be time to move this to ED&W section. Havent had on there since Feb!

  2. #102
    Banned EricCartmann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    My mom's basement
    Posts
    8,010
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyid1 View Post
    Did anyone ever figure out how to get an extension off of a barrel?

    I am going back in this thread and seeing what I missed... this is one.

    If the XCR Barrel extension is anything like the AR barrel extension, then it just screws off. However, it will not be that easy as these things are heavily torqued, most likely over 100 lbs. Also they probably are "locktited" in, so you better have a vise and the right tool before you try it. Also will need a special tool...

    Brownell's sells a AR Barrel Extension install/disassemble tool ($50) that has grooves in it to match the lugs of the AR barrel extension. For the XCR, I am sure they use the same type of tool, but instead of having "M4 grooves", it will have XCR grooves.

    Installing a Barrel Extension is a lot of work, as you can't just screw it in and expect magic to happen and everything works. You have to align the gas block holes and at the same time make sure your headspace is proper. So in addition to the extension tool, you will need a couple of .300BLK gauages...

    Or you could do what Cartmann did. Cartmann bypassed all that by just picking up an AR .300BLK barrel with the AR extension installed, that would be the fastest, cheapest, and easiest route.

  3. #103
    XCR Guru Sean K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    21,385
    Quote Originally Posted by DenisChamberlin View Post
    I wonder if the admin can make it two separate threads
    You're new....so I'll explain it.

    That's not how things are done here. We don't need nannies. Take what you want, leave the rest. If you feel the need for lots of moderation, you're in the wrong place.
    BADDFROGG likes this.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

  4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #104
    Banned EricCartmann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    My mom's basement
    Posts
    8,010
    Quote Originally Posted by LoadedDrum View Post
    Do not make the mistake of thinking that engineering means coming up with a new idea. That is inventing.
    I did not make that mistake at all. Did you?

  6. #105
    Banned EricCartmann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    My mom's basement
    Posts
    8,010
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo View Post
    Funny you say that.
    A high-speed-low-drag guy I know has one that runs well.
    His statement to me at the time was, "several companies made 300 Blackout firearms, and all of them claim that theirs will run fine with subsonics and supersonics. They're all liars."

    This was early on in the game, so perhaps things have changed, but he rode quite the learning curve in getting a rifle that worked 100% with supersonics to run with subsonics. I've got his subsonics recipe written down somewhere, because I didn't want to go through nearly the development that he did.

    Cartmann most sincerely apologizes for being a little harsh in his first response to this.

    It seems you know a lot and listen to a lot of "High Speed Low Drag" guys. Cartmann will say this, we should always listen.. listen to many conversations... and compare the conversations. We should not take any ONE guys observation as law regardless how High Speed he is.

    His statement "several companies made 300 Blackout firearms, and all of them claim that theirs will run fine with subsonics and supersonics. They're all liars." is about 90% wrong. Now that might be a true statement for carbine and rifle length gas systems, but for pistol length gas system, it will cycle just about anything (no gun cycles everything). Pistol Length Gas System is really the way to go with 300BLK as it seems to work with a very wide range of ammo.

    Cartmann's 300BLK cycles everything that Cartmann needs.
    - 175gr SMK Subsonics with Silencer
    - 208 gr AMAX subsonics with Silencer that are only 780fps (Yes this thing still cycles!)
    - 147gr Supersonic with Silencer
    - 147 Supers with no Silencer
    BADDFROGG likes this.

  7. #106
    XCR Guru aziator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Southern AZ
    Posts
    6,835
    Whats up guys!? I have been way too slammed with my stippling business and normal Army job to be on here but I need to start working with Alex again on these barrels. I have 4 of them at home, 2 of them work great, 2 wont chamber subs. I know when I first started testing these with Alex he wanted them to be able to run subs without a can and I just don't think that is possible with the gas block where it is. I also don't see a reason to be able to do that and told him to sell them as is, cycle all day with supers and cycle subs all day with a can.
    BADDFROGG likes this.
    Don't confuse enthusiasm for competence

    Want more grip for your M&P Pistol? Send me a message.

  8. #107
    XCR Guru Sean K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    21,385
    Quote Originally Posted by aziator View Post
    Whats up guys!? I have been way too slammed with my stippling business and normal Army job to be on here but I need to start working with Alex again on these barrels. I have 4 of them at home, 2 of them work great, 2 wont chamber subs. I know when I first started testing these with Alex he wanted them to be able to run subs without a can and I just don't think that is possible with the gas block where it is. I also don't see a reason to be able to do that and told him to sell them as is, cycle all day with supers and cycle subs all day with a can.

    I'm in agreement....no reason to run subs without the can.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

  9. #108
    XCR Guru aziator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Southern AZ
    Posts
    6,835
    I just don't see the need for a new gas block, the old one works fine. I also didn't read this entire thread so I don't know anything about the new system they are working on.
    Don't confuse enthusiasm for competence

    Want more grip for your M&P Pistol? Send me a message.

  10. #109
    Banned EricCartmann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    My mom's basement
    Posts
    8,010
    What subs are you trying? My buddies carbine length gas system could not cycle 147gr subs at all, even with a can. He could only get 220gr subs to cycle.

  11. #110
    Banned EricCartmann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    My mom's basement
    Posts
    8,010
    Quote Originally Posted by aziator View Post
    I just don't see the need for a new gas block, the old one works fine. I also didn't read this entire thread so I don't know anything about the new system they are working on.
    old gas block won't fit under the rail. With the XCR Micro though, no need to go under the rails... hence the reason RobArms should develop .300BLK for the Micro first.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Sponsors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Hello from Robarm
    By PurpleNurple in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-31-2014, 09:23 AM
  2. RobArm will be at SHOT
    By DSM in forum Robinson Armament
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 01-19-2010, 03:34 PM
  3. New ROBARM Website
    By X00404 in forum Robinson Armament
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 10-20-2009, 04:52 PM
  4. You guys need to update the RobArm website!
    By bolster in forum Robinson Armament
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-04-2009, 09:18 PM
  5. WTT SA m1a scout for robarm XCR
    By EisenAdler in forum Trading Post
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-25-2008, 12:27 AM

Search tags for this page

sig 300aac

,

these aren't the droids you're looking for

Click on a term to search for related topics.