3 17.65%
  • mini

11 64.71%
  • micro

3 17.65%
Like Tree12Likes
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ideal XCR-L Model for SBR

We do an 11" standard 5.56 now with the current gas block. I helped do a conversion kit a couple days ago.

Rob
    Quote Originally Posted by EricCartmann View Post
    Micro and 7.5" barrel.

Don't worry about "fragmentation"... that stuff is for the Internet Special Forces Rangers.

I have a micro upper and 10.5" barrel in 5.56. Getting a 9.3" .300 BLK conversion for it, which I will move into my standard upper when the 7.5" .300BLK kit ships.

I'm with EC on this one. Micro and 7.5" is where I'm heading some day...

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleNurple View Post
    7.5" barrel on a mini upper. This is my new favorite, has me actually thinking about getting my stamp.
    Saw the pics in the other thread, looks awesome! There's not much barrel past the gas block, think you can get it to work? (fingers crossed)

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

So I am a little confused on the new gas block that will be shipping with the 9.3/9.5 300blk kit. It fits under the standard rail AND can be used with other kits? So you would have to remove the block and swap the barrels to change kits? Or are people just saying that the new block will be on all new kits shipped? The reason I ask is I would love to have the new block on a 11" 5.56, but I dont want to have to remove it every time I want to switch to 300blk.

Quote Originally Posted by TTEngineer View Post
    So I am a little confused on the new gas block that will be shipping with the 9.3/9.5 300blk kit. It fits under the standard rail AND can be used with other kits? So you would have to remove the block and swap the barrels to change kits? Or are people just saying that the new block will be on all new kits shipped? The reason I ask is I would love to have the new block on a 11" 5.56, but I dont want to have to remove it every time I want to switch to 300blk.
    It sounds like they're looking at using the new gas block with other calibers. They need to do some testing and get the ports resized for the higher pressure rds. Purplenurple posted a pic of a 762x39 with the new block. That would lead me to believe the new block will be an option for something besides 300 in the near future.
    Merlin likes this.

NO. The valve is dedicated to the 300. The gas blocks will not be interchangeable. We don't have the valves ready for any other calibers atm.

PN

I know you have posted pics before but perhaps you could create a new thread with photos of each upper with the different barrel/gas block options for each caliber and the admin could make it a sticky so we could quickly reference it.

PN

I know you have posted pics before but perhaps you could create a new thread with photos of each upper with the different barrel/gas block options for each caliber and the admin could make it a sticky so we could quickly reference it.
    This is evolving rapidly right now. Let me talk to Alex.

I have s factory Mini SBR with 10" barrel. I would love to get a micro upper so I can fit it in my day pack.

Mike
    Last edited by MAP1911; 11-04-2014 at 11:14 PM.

The 11" that we offer is the standard gas length.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Sponsors