M&P pistols shotgunning
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M&P pistols shotgunning

M&P pistols shotgunning

This is from the bearded one himself, Chris Costa. Sorry for the bizarre formatting....copy pasta was all jacked up on this page.

"The past few handgun classes I've taught I've seen a quality issue with Smith an Wesson M&P handguns. This is the 3rd gun in 9mm I've seen shotgun the target at 7 yards. Barrels are breaking apart at the crown an numerous malfunctions. No mods were done to the weapons an all 3 were newer weapons with less than 500 through them, so keep a watchful eye. Ammo was a combination of Fed, CCI, and PMC."

Ammo was a combination of Fed, CCI, and PMC.

Do what you've always done, get what you've always got. ----- Have gun. Will travel.

Super weird.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Knew I should have bought a Glock.:-(

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by WatchoutforStobor View Post
    Knew I should have bought a Glock.:-(
    Nah....any company can put out a turd now and again. M&Ps have been performing pretty darn well. It's probably just a materials fluke that I'm sure will be corrected. Sounds like if you don't have a fairly new production one, you should be fine.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Glock's flawless record is attributed to marketing and overzealous owners/fan boys. Even Glock has made a few lemons here and there, just as any mass produced product. From new employees to new suppliers or out of spec tooling, every variable involved is a risk.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

Yep, Glock has plenty of failures....from kabooms to slides cracking, etc. It happens.

CB3
    Those targets show nothing of any import. Someone was a pretty decent shot with target centers pretty well hammered. Are we then supposed to believe that the same person with the same gun suddenly started spraying bullets all over the target under the exact same conditions? Three guns in three different classes had the same problem? Really? The crown of the barrel split?

I think the amount of information in this "advisory" puts it in the Snopes category. I guess anything is possible, but this is so whacky as to be, literally, incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by CB3 View Post
    Those targets show nothing of any import. Someone was a pretty decent shot with target centers pretty well hammered. Are we then supposed to believe that the same person with the same gun suddenly started spraying bullets all over the target under the exact same conditions? Three guns in three different classes had the same problem? Really? The crown of the barrel split?

I think the amount of information in this "advisory" puts it in the Snopes category. I guess anything is possible, but this is so whacky as to be, literally, incredible.
    To me, those don't look like fully intact projectiles....looks like the bullet came apart when it left the bbl...which is why I said it was so weird.

Tha'ts off Costa's facebook page....I doubt he'd throw his own credibility (being that s&w supplies the the pistols for his signature costa blaster) under the bus for shits and giggles...

Not that I can't get wrong or it couldn't be some cheeky internet prank....just that I wouldn't lean towards joke/lie/hoax without some fairly credible evidence to support.
    Do what you've always done, get what you've always got. ----- Have gun. Will travel.

Hmm...looking at it again, I guess they could be fully intact and just tumbling. Odd.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors