Trijicon RMR vs AimPoint Micro - Page 2
Like Tree4Likes
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trijicon RMR vs AimPoint Micro

the scalar works t-1 mount weighs a little more and it is QD.
    Bravo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo View Post
    Huh!

I'm big on a QD mount for dot sights, but that's just me. If I'm running BUIS, I like the capability of taking the dot off F-A-S-T and without tools.
    45deg offset BUIS would solve that problem while still being lighter than a QD mount. ie the Magpul MBUS Pro 45deg offset sights.

Light is fast, fast is good.
    Last edited by TTEngineer; 07-29-2015 at 07:21 AM.

Yeah, I went with the Predator Tactical 45 degree RMR mount. Pretty light actually.
    I was writing about your rig, where the BUIS appeared were on the same plane as the optic.
    Do you really think we want laws to be observed? We want them broken. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be crimes that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants law-abiding citizens? Pass the kind of laws that can’t be observed, enforced, or objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TTEngineer View Post
    45deg offset BUIS would solve that problem while still being lighter than a QD mount. ie the Magpul MBUS Pro 45deg offset sights.

Light is fast, fast is good.
    True...but it takes away your ambi function when you appoint a side, which is especially problematic when room clearing.
    Last edited by Tech Man; 07-29-2015 at 08:35 AM.

Very correct!

But I put the 45 degree mount on a rifle, so it wouldn't mess with my magnified optics (2.5-10X FFP scope).
    In other words, it was the least problematic of my options, and I figured it'd be OK, as I don't see myself trying to do roomclearing with a silenced full-size 308 - using either the 2.5 optic or the RMR ;-) For me, that RMR is really for "closer than I want to deal with the scope" as well as "in case the scope goes down".

On a carbine that I'm running an Aimpoint on though, if I go to BUIS, I want to be able to take the Aimpoint off if it's causing a problem (say, for instance, a broken lense that I can't really see through enough to make out the BUIS). That's where QD mounts come in, if the optic and BUIS are on the same plane.

That's all I was trying to get at........
    Do you really think we want laws to be observed? We want them broken. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be crimes that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants law-abiding citizens? Pass the kind of laws that can’t be observed, enforced, or objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsors