Lost one of our own
Like Tree72Likes
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost one of our own

Lost one of our own

I don't get on here nearly as much as I would like, just don't have the time like I used to with my stippling business. I am currently deployed to Afghanistan and got the bad news that one of our long time members, SDDUC996, died while serving overseas. I don't know the details but Francis was an amazing dude that leaves behind a beautiful wife and 2 young kids.

A go fund me account has been set up to help the family here Norwillo Family Fund by Eli Crane - GoFundMe

Just wanted to make sure that people knew, he was a regular here and will be missed.
    Don't confuse enthusiasm for competence

Want more grip for your M&P Pistol? Send me a message.

WTF, Say it ain't so!!!!!

I have been thinking about him for the last month, wanted to email him but never got around to it. Chris, I know he was back in civilian lifefor a job. How, Why did he go back?

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"
    "It Is A Weak Man Who Urges Compromise!!"

From the HK forum, where he was active on there too. Apparently a training accident.

FUCK!!!

Friends, it is with much regret and a heavy heart that I must report a member here, and friend to many has been lost overseas.

Francis, aka SDDuc996 on this forum, died in Bulgaria yesterday, training our allies on weapons platforms.
    Stated loss due to faulty munitions from a grenade launcher.

He was a great man, a warrior among warriors who loved his family and his country. Father of two and loving husband to an amazing woman... Extension of an unmentioned Seal Team for many many years, so many tours of duty, among uncounted many of amazing accomplishments, which he would never wish to be recognized for .....

He excelled at everything in his life with no exceptions.... all the while - Always the Clown....

He made the ultimate sacrifice for his country!

You are loved and you will be greatly missed. RIP BROTHER!

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Wow, that's just horrible.
    Thank you for the info, but I hate to hear about loss like that.
    Do you really think we want laws to be observed? We want them broken. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be crimes that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants law-abiding citizens? Pass the kind of laws that can’t be observed, enforced, or objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers.

I read about that accident, didn't realize that was him. The world lost a great man.

I am at a loss for words. So incredibly sad right now. Francis will be missed. Rest in peace, brother.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

RIP, Brother in Arms. Thank you for going where few want to go and doing what few want to do.

When I took a 2 year contract with a private corporation to train "friendly forces" I almost got the dirt nap several times. The worst was when I was training a group doing night fire with AK's. Every time I gave a command, the muzzles would swing to the sound of my voice with fingers on triggers. (Thank God for night vision!)

After doing the "Muzzles downrange at all times, fingers off triggers unless you are engaging a target." speech TWICE, I finally told the terp to translate the following:

"If another person points his rifle at me again I will shoot him dead."

The terp translated, and I got big wide open eyes and vigorous head nods all the way around. I also did not have a problem the rest of the training evolution.

The U.S. agency that contracted the training had problems with my direct approach, so they said I would do no more training for them.

Oh, well.
    Bravo and tk like this.

When he was over in the Sand Pit, I always worried about him, so would email him every so often to make sure he was good. When he got out and came back I knew he was having a difficult time getting a civilian job but thought he would eventually get something that would keep him close to his wife and kids. I was always so afraid something would happen and I would never know.........................Now this!!

Damn bro you left Ben and I as the only Asians left on here. We'll discuss that when I see you again on the other side. I was depending on you to 'Cover My 6'.
    Last edited by Merlin; 06-09-2015 at 12:32 PM.

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"

Dude....I just mentioned him in the other thread......fuck. Fuck.

We are diminished.

......fuck.
    Do what you've always done, get what you've always got. ----- Have gun. Will travel.

Francis and I stayed in pretty close comms, seemed like we were always deployed at the same times. You should see the amazing memorial he made for the SEALs that were lost in the shoot down here in Afghanistan back in 2011, really is a work of art. I will see if I can get onto the compound and take a picture of it. He really was a great friend that left behind a beautiful family. Words can't express my hurt for them...
    Merlin likes this.
    Don't confuse enthusiasm for competence

Want more grip for your M&P Pistol? Send me a message.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Sponsors