XCR Won't cycle if you turn down gas setting??? - Page 2
Like Tree6Likes
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: XCR Won't cycle if you turn down gas setting???

The idea behind that gas dial is so you can dial it in for different amounts of gas. Setting 2 may too low for that ammo. Merlin has given yo excellent advice, I agree with his suggestions whole heartedly.
    "Spes Mea in Deo Est"--My hope is in GOD
    The antidote for fifty enemies is one friend.--Aristotle

AAG
    Is the gas tube oriented properly?

Okay so I finally had the time to strip it down and work on it tonight... I seem the found the problem that has been giving me issues.. When I took apart the gas port it was completely caked in fouling.. So much as to#3 port was half clogged.. and #2 & #1 where pretty damn clogged too! So lesson learned will clean this area more often then I have been! Should see better results when I go shoot it next time with all the ports nice n clean and functioning... Will post my results after I take it out this coming weekend.

XCR Won't cycle if you turn down gas setting???-img_20151130_183507569.jpg

Cheers and thanks for everyone's help & input.
    Last edited by NorthWestBC; 11-30-2015 at 09:28 PM.
    mjorin, Merlin, Sean K. and 1 others like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Hey Northwest, I too fire gobbs of com block surplus. I find upon cleaning giving a light coating of G96 gun cleaner upon reasembly keeps the "carbon caking" down. I also run my XCR how i like my women... better when wet
    "Up yours!" - Abraham Linclon

Or stop shooting crappy ammo loaded with black powder. Just sayin'. Would you stuff rags into the intake manifold of your car and then fill the gas tank with urine and wonder why it didn't run?
    O.K., I'll quit shitting on you....we all had to learn the hard way at some point (although I never pissed in my car's gas tank). The gas valve should be cleaned after every time you shoot third world ammo. After cleaning mine, I apply a coat of Sentry Solutions Tuff Glide (dry lube). Carbon and other fouling don't seem to build up as quickly on the valve. Good luck, I think you solved your problem.

Sig
    Honestly, with one XCR, I put well over 2k of the cheapest non corrosive crap through the gun I had without ever cleaning it just to see how long it would function (finally drove me crazy never cleaning it). Never had a hiccup. I do clean the valve, just never had the issue, knock on wood.
    If assholes could fly, this place would be JFK international.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig View Post
    Honestly, with one XCR, I put well over 2k of the cheapest non corrosive crap through the gun I had without ever cleaning it just to see how long it would function (finally drove me crazy never cleaning it). Never had a hiccup. I do clean the valve, just never had the issue, knock on wood.
    Me too....but it was just over 1K of Wolf and Brown Bear. However, if I was depending on this rifle for my life....ya, I'd clean it religiously. You'd be stupid not to.
    Benjamin Kurata likes this.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Quote Originally Posted by sean k. View Post
    me too....but it was just over 1k of wolf and brown bear. However, if i was depending on this rifle for my life....ya, i'd clean it religiously. You'd be stupid not to.
    amen !!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsors