XCR Won't cycle if you turn down gas setting???
Like Tree6Likes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XCR Won't cycle if you turn down gas setting???

XCR Won't cycle if you turn down gas setting???

Hey there. My XCR seems to have trouble ejecting rounds when you go to turn the gas adjustment down.. Anyone else have this issue that it simply won't cycle unless you have the gas setting turned on full ?? My rounds eject a good 30 feet or so and that can be a pain in the ass at the range when I have people set up to the right of me

Thanks for any input,

Quote Originally Posted by NorthWestBC View Post
    Hey there. My XCR seems to have trouble ejecting rounds when you go to turn the gas adjustment down.. Anyone else have this issue that it simply won't cycle unless you have the gas setting turned on full ?? My rounds eject a good 30 feet or so and that can be a pain in the ass at the range when I have people set up to the right of me

Thanks for any input,

What model XCR? L or M? So it'll run on the highest setting but none of the others? Is it failing to eject or extract? How far are spent cases being thrown when you turn the gas down (at various settings)? Is it an SBR length bbl? What ammo are you using? Does it happen with all types of ammo or only certain kinds?
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Hi Mark,

Saw your other thread.....so it's an L with the 18.6" bbl. What caliber? The rest of my questions are still relevant.

Welcome to the forum. Get us some answers and we should be able to figure it out.

***EDIT*** Just saw the other thread....it's a X39.

Running mil-surp corrosive Yugo ammo that's so popular in Canada or something else?
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Ukraine Non-Corrosize Military Surplus ammo... Have not tried too many other kinds yet as im limited as to what I can buy locally but would like to find something else online that's worth buying I will get some to see if that will change anything when I adjust to it..
    Last edited by NorthWestBC; 11-23-2015 at 06:20 PM.

The surplus ammo can be under powered at times. It hasn't been an issue lately that you have to follow the 'old' break in period of 400+ rounds, more if using surplus ammo.
    How much rounds through your?
    1 or 2 notches below max gas doesn't work?

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"
    "It Is A Weak Man Who Urges Compromise!!"

Ukraine Non-Corrosize Military Surplus ammo... Have not tried too many other kinds yet as im limited as to what I can buy locally but would like to find something else online that's worth buying I will get some to see if that will change anything when I adjust to it..
    So again, you need to answer the other questions I asked so we can help diagnose the problem.

my XCR runs on setting #3 or whatever full tilt is.. and when you go to turn it down to the next lowest one it wont work as in failure to eject... Ran around 2000 rounds through it

I have ordered 2 different kinds of ammo to see what results I get by changing from what I have been using, seems kind of strange you can't turn it down but it may just be the ammo I'm using???
    Last edited by NorthWestBC; 11-24-2015 at 04:48 PM.

my XCR runs on setting #3 or whatever full tilt is.. and when you go to turn it down to the next lowest one it wont work as in failure to eject... Ran around 2000 rounds through it

I have ordered 2 different kinds of ammo to see what results I get by changing from what I have been using, seems kind of strange you can't turn it down but it may just be the ammo I'm using???

#3 is not the the highest setting....#4 is. Which one are you on?

Yes, ammo has a big impact on what setting you'll use as lower powder charges will require the higher setting to get gas to the action to cycle the bolt.

You ran 2K rounds....did you clean the gas dial? Did it have FTEs all during the 2K rounds or only towards the last part?

So the spent case is failing to eject as in it's stuck in the open ejection port, not as in it's stuck in the chamber (failure to extract), right?

At that round count you should be fully broken in. Looking at the picture you posted of your L, you have the gas block I have, so #4 is actually the highest setting. Should be 4>3>2>1>S for the detentes/settings.
    Are the empty shells getting stuck in the chamber? You probably have the new style bolt?
    Take a look at your gas ports and see if they look like they increase in size and 4 being the largest. Also make sure they line up with the barrel gas port correctly and again 4 being the largest. We have heard of people not having the correct gas plug or incorrect corresponding port to number setting.
    I would move the gas block too and take a look at the port in the barrel.
    Sean, did some measurements of the port sizes which you can use to compare with what you have.
    https://www.xcrforum.com/forum/15-fie...ort-specs.html
    mjorin likes this.

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"
    "It Is A Weak Man Who Urges Compromise!!"

Thanks for the reply & Specs. Will look into it and get back to you guys.. I am on setting 4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors