Hell has frozen over
Like Tree19Likes
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hell has frozen over

Hell has frozen over

Years ago I remember walking into one of my local shops and coming across this gun made in Croatia that looked like a glock wanna be (I'm not a huge fan of glocks just the way they feel). This gun sold as the HS200 I believe, price point at the time was below $300. Although the gun fit better in my hand compared to a glock, passed on it because in part, it looked kind of cheesey.

Then I made fun of it (HS2000) in my own mind when I saw Springfield dump God knows how much money into marketing it as their own and thought to myself who would fall for such a marketing ploy, particularly when the prices went way up on the same gun.

Well, I'm carrying one now (the Mod 2 9mm 4") and I've got to say, I'm VERY happy with it (gun with taxes right at $490). Springfield ran a promo as well and picked up an extra two hi cap mags and a half decent 2 gun range bag to boot.

Gun fits my hand very nice, shoots very well, and even with 16 rounds and a 4" barrel, not that hard to carry concealed.

Just remember the day when I said "no way", and once again, never say never.
    bgreed, Sean K., Bravo and 1 others like this.
    If assholes could fly, this place would be JFK international.

The vast majority of my handguns are Glock, I LOVE them! I do however have an XDs-45 and have nothing negative to say about it, other than it's not a Glock. I'd prefer the grip safety to disappear, it's just one more thing to fail or potentially get in the way of the gun going boom when I need it to. That's my biggest gripe with XD handguns in general. People say Glock's are ugly, but I find beauty in their simplicity which lends to their utter reliability and what is more important than that in a fighting gun? With that being said, the XDs (and most other XD's I suspect) is a quality made firearm and has been 100% reliable and that's all I can ask from a carry piece.

I still own an XDM and really think it's a very good quality gun. I shoot it *almost* as well as my Glocks, even though it's got a slightly higher bore axis....and I like the grip safety since I'm one of those yahoos that pocket carries.

The things don't like about my XDs (I had an XD 40 as well...gave it to someone who didn't have a gun for self defense):

If there's something wrong, it's hard to get parts compared to a Glock...it may even have to go back to SA.

Trigger options are limited and expensive compared to Glock....and not as good as a Ghost trigger anyway.

Mags are more expensive.

Heck, sight/holster/comps/internal upgrades, etc. options are limited comparatively.

The size is quite a bit larger for the same or less capacity.

I think the XD/XDM series is one of the better built polymer guns out there in terms of sheer size of the components. If you break down a Glock, and HK and XD side by side....the XD is the largest by far, then the HK and the Glock is plain puny by comparison.

Zero failures I can think of out of either of my XDs....and we put thousands of rounds through the XD-40.
    Bravo likes this.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

I've carried an XD-40 for 12 years now (got it right after they came out) and have been nothing but happy with it. I've stippled it and upgraded the guide rod/spring but that was my own preference, not necessary.

The Canik TP9 is a even better value at $350 or below.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

Fmunk, I opted to wait until the TP9SA started coming into the country - which they are now.
    I'm gonna check the SA out at SHOT, just to make sure nothing changed, before I go that route.
    Do you really think we want laws to be observed? We want them broken. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be crimes that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants law-abiding citizens? Pass the kind of laws that can’t be observed, enforced, or objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers.

First I have to learn you gotta heart, now we're carrying the same gun....sonuvabitch....I guess you ain't so bad either.
    Do what you've always done, get what you've always got. ----- Have gun. Will travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo View Post
    Fmunk, I opted to wait until the TP9SA started coming into the country - which they are now.
    I'm gonna check the SA out at SHOT, just to make sure nothing changed, before I go that route.
    SA v2 is said to be better than v1. They also have a RMR capable variant coming. If they would just release a shorter, carry-friendly compact version, they'd have a real shot at increasing market share.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

Eh, my carry gun is a G17 that I had the grip shortened to take G19 mags. Longish doesn't bother me.
    While I still prefer mine, I'd go with a G19 if I were going to run a more stockish CCW.

I'm looking at the SA though as "hand-out" pistols for those that come to the party without party favors ;-)
    In that scenario, CCW is a secondary consideration at best. If I could find a half-dozen used / good S&W L-frame 357 maggies for the same price as that SA, I'd likely go with them instead. For my budget though? That SA ought to fit.
    fmunk likes this.
    Do you really think we want laws to be observed? We want them broken. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be crimes that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants law-abiding citizens? Pass the kind of laws that can’t be observed, enforced, or objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers.

What it comes down to is whatever floats your boat

Glocks just never felt like a good fit for my hands, for whatever reason, and I've owned a couple of them.

For whatever reason, both the XDS and XD-gen 2 seem to fit my hands better than the older XD model.

As far as triggers go, as long as I can hit a pie plate at 20 yards at a decent pace, I'm more than happy. I'm very use to the Sig 220 series long first DA shot, so everything else seems like gravy LOL

And yes TC, my family would agree I'm not THAT bad lol
    Sean K. likes this.
    If assholes could fly, this place would be JFK international.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsors