Super Cheap 300blk rounds
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TTEngineer

Thread: Super Cheap 300blk rounds

Super Cheap 300blk rounds

Freedom Munitions has all of their 300blk ammo at 5% off today. I just picked up 1000 rounds of 147gr with free shipping for $370 . For all you mathematically challenged that's $0.37/round! I've never seen it cheaper.

On a side note, I also ran my 300blk XCR in its first class this weekend and it ran like a top with this ammo, that I payed $0.46/round 6 months ago for. Not one malfunction.

Bite the bullet has the cheapest subs too at $0.60/round for 220gr.

Prices are definitely falling.
    Sean K. likes this.
    Light is fast ... fast is good

Freedoms alright and that's a great price.

I've had much better performance from ozark ordnance than freedom. Significantly better accuracy. Haven't tried the freedom in awhile so maybe it was just the lot I had.

Thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by navalbeaver View Post
    Freedoms alright and that's a great price.

I've had much better performance from ozark ordnance than freedom. Significantly better accuracy. Haven't tried the freedom in awhile so maybe it was just the lot I had.

Thanks for the heads up.
    I was wondering about Ozark and was about to buy some last night ... then I saw the shipping charge, $49.95, and said "[email protected]%k that noise", and then this morning I got the email from Freedom. By in large Freedom is usually a better deal too because they have WAY cheaper shipping and for blasting ammo that is what really matters to me.
    Light is fast ... fast is good

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

How much were you buying from ozark?

When they started out it was ridiculously cheap shipping.

In the last year or so they've upped it and it's a set price per qty now. I've also noticed that it's cheaper shipping if you order in the larger qty, e.g. it's cheaper to ship 1 1000rd bag vs 4 250rd bags. FWIW.

Freedom ran fine. I think I had some of their bi-metal 147. I was not impressed with the accuracy. It was 4-6" at 100yds. Same setup with ozark 147 was 1.5". I've stuck with ozark since then. I can get the ozark just under $.40 a round shipped. Unless the freedom has gotten better, I'm sticking with the ozark. If you've got better performance out of the freedom, let me know. I may have to revisit them. I do like my 300blk XCR. Always looking for cheaper ways to feed it.

I was going to buy 1000rnds but after shipping it was going to be nearly 45 cents a round. Sure the initial price is cheap but 50 bucks to ship that is insane. Unless they offer free shipping or discounted shipping like freedom or bite the bullet I'll never use them. I'm also ok with a 3 moa group at 100 yards too though.

Ozark is within driving distance of me. I'll have to go get some.

Quote Originally Posted by TTEngineer View Post
    I was going to buy 1000rnds but after shipping it was going to be nearly 45 cents a round. Sure the initial price is cheap but 50 bucks to ship that is insane. Unless they offer free shipping or discounted shipping like freedom or bite the bullet I'll never use them. I'm also ok with a 3 moa group at 100 yards too though.
    I'd probably be OK with 3" at 100yds for that price. But with the lot I've shot my experience was much worse. Can't remember if I posted here about my PNW 147 range ammo experience, but the freedom shot as well as that for me. The only reason I checked them that far out was because I was having trouble keeping a 5 rd string on a 2" pasty at 25.

$50 is steep for 1000rds. Looks like it's $30 for me but I'm in NW FL. Unfortunately I've not seen them run any shipping specials recently.

I've shot Freedom's remanufactured 308 168 gr A-MAX and their 357 mag. Good to go.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

I got a couple of orders of the 168. I had a 3 shot group that I thought was all misses because they were all on top of each other in a black 3/4" bullseye..... Unfortunately I've not been able to replicate that since. I used some on my M test as well.

I really like their 55gr reloads. They shoot great and I'm consistently able to do 4 MOA or better at 50yds with a red dot.

Sponsors