Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By fmunk
  • 3 Post By TexasChris

Thread: AIM Surplus customer database hacked

AIM Surplus customer database hacked

FYI... if you've ever bought from Aim:

Breaking: AIM Surplus Data Breach - TFB
    Sean K. and TexasChris like this.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

Thanks for letting us know. I have not bought from them in a while but went ahead and changed my password. My Account also shows no order history.
    Interesting how they still sent out sales sheets but never notified their members of the breach.

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"
    "It Is A Weak Man Who Urges Compromise!!"

Quote Originally Posted by fmunk View Post
    FYI... if you've ever bought from Aim:

Breaking: AIM Surplus Data Breach - TFB
    Thanks for posting....wonder if it was the Chinese or former USSR.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Fantastic...so their stupid requirement to send in a DL copy has now been hacked. Fucking retards.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

I did receive notification of this from AIM via snail mail during the last week along with a free year of credit monitoring. As a service member my info has already been stolen multiple times, its becoming routine...

....I remember being really uncomfortable when I sent them copy of my DL......but those cases of 55g 223 for like 170 shipped.....I mean....what was I supposed to do?
    Sean K., Bravo and Merlin like this.
    Do what you've always done, get what you've always got. ----- Have gun. Will travel.

Just today I was reminiscing about picking up the Berdan primed FN 308 casings for 70 bucks per K.
    I don't have a clue how many cases of those I burned through, but I do remember what it felt like to try and order more and be told "we don't have any more of them".
    If I'd known, I would have got a loan and purchased the last pallet they had.
    Drivers license requirement? Uh, yeah. That's just part of the game. And it's also one of the bigger reasons I keep next to nothing in my bank account.

ETA: I just rememberd, that was Wideners, not Aim.
    Getting old sucks.
    Do you really think we want laws to be observed? We want them broken. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be crimes that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants law-abiding citizens? Pass the kind of laws that can’t be observed, enforced, or objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers.

It could very well have been domestic and international credit fraud rings. Two months ago some twat tried to buy thousands worth of DJ equipment with one of my outdated cards. The merchant was wise enough to realize something didn't look right and called me to verify. Just a day after I read the story about AIM I got a call from Texas. As I do with numbers I don't know, I did not answer. I looked up the number online and it's been linked numerous reports of phishing attempts by men with heavy hispanic accents posing as bill collectors for some energy company.

Unfortunate that things like this is common place nowadays. Cancelling and waiting for new cards is a nuisance. Anyway, if you've ever dealt with AIM, keep your eye on your bank statements.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

The joke will be on them as I have moved and the credit info has already been hacked by fine retailers such as The Home Depot, Schnucks, Kmart....

Sponsors