Hey Bravo.....Did You Say You've Run The Ghost Evo Elite 3.5? - Page 14
Like Tree50Likes
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Hey Bravo.....Did You Say You've Run The Ghost Evo Elite 3.5?

Quote Originally Posted by fmunk View Post
    Yah, but it's also Suarez. You get what you pay.

I know you had problems with your Suarez slide.....do you mean Suarez sucks or they are good and $150 is a higher price for this type of work? Haven't really looked at anyone else as he's the only one I've found doing the RMS pattern (Not that I've been looking hard)
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    I know you had problems with your Suarez slide.....do you mean Suarez sucks or they are good and $150 is a higher price for this type of work? Haven't really looked at anyone else as he's the only one I've found doing the RMS pattern (Not that I've been looking hard)
    I didn't have the problem with the Suarez slide. My problem was using it with the wrong frame/ejector. The product wasn't bad for what it cost (like a Camry with a wash and shine). It's OK. It works. It's not something you look at and go "yeah... that baby is mine!" The other thing is, it's no secret, that they occasionally have customer relations issues. Especially when he happens to be the one to pick up the phone. I didn't have the pleasure since I had no reason to call in.

Comparing his slide and a custom one, you can see why his is cheaper. The RMR cut for example, doesn't leave the two locating nubs. He does a plain and simple cut, drill and tap the two screw holes. It's quick and dirty but it gets the job done. As for milling specifically for the RMS, it isn't difficult. If it had greater marketshare, I'm sure more people would have turn-key milling packages for it. DP has the RMR pattern on file, so they don't require customers to send in their RMRs. For other sights, he does require the slide to be sent along with the sight. That way he can take measurements and make sure the milling is accurate.
    Last edited by fmunk; 08-28-2017 at 09:08 PM.
    Sean K. likes this.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

Quote Originally Posted by fmunk View Post
    I didn't have the problem with the Suarez slide. My problem was using it with the wrong frame/ejector. The product wasn't bad for what it cost (like a Camry with a wash and shine). It's OK. It works. It's not something you look at and go "yeah... that baby is mine!" The other thing is, it's no secrete, that they occasionally have customer relations issues. Especially when he happens to be the one to pick up the phone. I didn't have the pleasure since I had no reason to call in.

Comparing his slide and a custom one, you can see why his is cheaper. The RMR cut for example, doesn't leave the two locating nubs. He does a plain and simple cut, drill and tap the two screw holes. It's quick and dirty but it gets the job done. As for milling specifically for the RMS, it isn't difficult. If it had greater marketshare, I'm sure more people would have turn-key milling packages for it. DP has the RMR pattern on file, so they don't require customers to send in their RMRs. For other sights, he does require the slide to be sent along with the sight. That way he can take measurements and make sure the milling is accurate.
    Thanks for the clarification....
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Just some tech....

When installing a Ghost Pro 3.3 connector....if you're getting reset firing, you can try bending the connector (correcting the 'bend angle') by bending it towards the trigger housing rather than cutting more off of the TCT to get rid of the reset firing problem.
    TexasChris and Merlin like this.

I Miss B.!!

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"
    "It Is A Weak Man Who Urges Compromise!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    I Miss B.!!
    Me too. Hope he's doing better. Anyone hear from him?

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Sponsors