Hey Bravo.....Did You Say You've Run The Ghost Evo Elite 3.5? - Page 3
Like Tree50Likes
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 136

Thread: Hey Bravo.....Did You Say You've Run The Ghost Evo Elite 3.5?

  1. #21
    XCR Guru Sean K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    21,374
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo View Post
    Paul, thanks for the data point! It's always good to hear what works and what doesn't - it saves folks from re-inventing the wheel!

    Speaking of which, Sean, if you do try that Overwatch, I'd appreciate it if you gave a review of it..... it looks interesting.

    Well, I did one stupider. I not only bought the Overwatch...should be here this week....but....wait for it: BLASPHEMY ALERT.....bought an M&P9 ported CORE 4.25" model, Apex Flat Face Forward Set Sear Trigger and Reset Assist Mechanism, 6 additional mags, Catalyst extended mag release and a Comp Tac Infidel IWB holster (short term holster solution). Pretty much blew all of my remaining tax return. The porting is what got me interested....and the FFSST trigger.

    When I've shot stock Glock vs. M&P in the past (no trigger mods, no ported models), I've shot the M&P ever so slightly better at speed. Against a ported Glock with even the "-" connector....the Glock was noticeably more accurate for me...again, at speed. With a Rocket...it's not even a contest.

    I'm not ditching my Glocks for CCW for sure....they are lighter, smaller and hold more rounds than the M&P and with a good trigger, they are just very, very good (for me).

    But, in a "full size" SHTF type pistol....I think I may end up liking this more than my G17C. Same capacity (unless you start talking 33 round mags for the Glock)....seems to have a great trigger option in the Apex and this one is ready for a Trijicon or similar red dot on the slide with suppressor height sights....the porting sealed the deal as to me, it's a huge advantage.
    Last edited by Sean K.; 06-07-2016 at 05:15 PM.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

  2. #22
    XCR Guru Sean K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    21,374
    Oh, and after I placed my order....I SMH b/c I should have checked with Mechanic on pricing. Didn't even cross my mind, so apologies to him.

    I'm trying to now sell my XDM 3.8 Compact .40 and Walther PPQ M1 in .40 to offset the cost. I'm trying to get out of .40 all together, so that would be a big help...and then I'd be able to use the refund for material for the shop....got lots of stands and tables to build.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

  3. #23
    XCR Guru Sean K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    21,374
    Hey, one thing I just remembered: Got a few emails from Oliver at Ghost.

    I don't know if you did the angled "Spaulding" cut on your Pro and Evo Elites....but it DOES NOT work on them. You are only supposed to use the angled cut on the Rocket and Tactical. If you used that cut on the Evo or Pro....that may be why you felt the Rocket was better. According to Oliver, you should only cut the Pro and Evo Elite with a straight/flush cut.

    Any chance you remember what you did? I'm curious now as Oliver has me talked into a Pro for my buddy's G30 Gen 4 and G17 Gen 2.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

  4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #24
    XCR Guru Bravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    4,533
    Most excellent!
    I'm looking forward to hearing how that M&P works too!
    If I were going to move away from the G17, that M&P is exactly where I'd look.
    The XD has some problems in the dirt, and the VP9 obviously has some problems in the water. There aren't any others that I'd really pursue.
    Besides, the M&P is 'more durable' than the 3rd generation Glocks (dunno about the 4th), as I train with a guy that was issued a Glock in 357 Sig. His agency ditched the Glock and moved to the M&P because they were experiencing slide breakages with the Glock, in high-use pistols.
    That's not to say I think that translates to a negative in 9mm, but 'more sturdy' is rarely a bad thing.
    The fact that you can't detail strip a M&P without a hammer and a punch though, to me that's not a positive.

    ETA: Oliver did tell me to cut the tab squarely on the Evo Elite, and I did so.
    Why it didn't work for me as well as the others isn't something I can truly attest to, but I know it didn't. I actually liked the Tactical (with the Spaulding cut) better than the Evo Elite.
    Do you really think we want laws to be observed? We want them broken. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be crimes that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants law-abiding citizens? Pass the kind of laws that can’t be observed, enforced, or objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers.

  6. #25
    XCR Guru Sean K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    21,374
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo View Post
    Most excellent!
    I'm looking forward to hearing how that M&P works too!
    If I were going to move away from the G17, that M&P is exactly where I'd look.
    The XD has some problems in the dirt, and the VP9 obviously has some problems in the water. There aren't any others that I'd really pursue.
    Besides, the M&P is 'more durable' than the 3rd generation Glocks (dunno about the 4th), as I train with a guy that was issued a Glock in 357 Sig. His agency ditched the Glock and moved to the M&P because they were experiencing slide breakages with the Glock, in high-use pistols.
    That's not to say I think that translates to a negative in 9mm, but 'more sturdy' is rarely a bad thing.
    The fact that you can't detail strip a M&P without a hammer and a punch though, to me that's not a positive.

    ETA: Oliver did tell me to cut the tab squarely on the Evo Elite, and I did so.
    Why it didn't work for me as well as the others isn't something I can truly attest to, but I know it didn't. I actually liked the Tactical (with the Spaulding cut) better than the Evo Elite.
    Thanks for the feedback on how u cut yours. Now I'm really not sure which route to go with my buddy's Glocks....lol.

    Maybe it's just my limited knowledge base on the M&P, but aren't they also less susceptible to "limp wristing" malfunctions than Glocks? One reason I bought one was b/c my wife has all sorts of short strokes if she shoots the C model 19s....runs a non-C Gen 4 19 w/o issue & her G23C doesn't give her fits either due to the higher pressure .40.....but the recoil is harder to manage. I'm curious to see if she can run the ported M&P9 without trouble.

    Ya, on durability for high pressure rounds like the .40 or .357 SIG....M&P beats Glock....but then again, it was designed from the beginning to handle those rounds, unlike Glock where they "upsized". For 9mm (or even .45), I think Glock is actually preferable....lighter weight, smaller size, more capacity.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

  7. #26
    Banned EricCartmann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    My mom's basement
    Posts
    8,010
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    no, it's b/c u want 2 watch, you fuckin' faggot.

    this is NOT about Ericc and what he likes... this is about the 2 Boyfriends!!! YOU KNOW ERICC LOVES YOU GUYS MAN!!!!

  8. #27
    Banned EricCartmann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    My mom's basement
    Posts
    8,010
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo View Post
    Paul, thanks for the data point! It's always good to hear what works and what doesn't - it saves folks from re-inventing the wheel!

    Speaking of which, Sean, if you do try that Overwatch, I'd appreciate it if you gave a review of it..... it looks interesting.


    But quoting the attitude-filled-sockpuppet throws noise in the website signal-to-noise ratio for me.
    Besides, everyone already knows that sockpuppets love fists stuck in them........

    awww mann... Is Ericc still being given the Silent Treatment by Bravo? Why is Bravo so mean and hurtful??? you know that makes Ericc very sad knowing that Bravo is giving him the Silent Treatment

  9. #28
    XCR Guru Sean K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    21,374
    Quote Originally Posted by EricCartmann View Post
    this is NOT about Ericc and what he likes... this is about the 2 Boyfriends!!! YOU KNOW ERICC LOVES YOU GUYS MAN!!!!
    I know you'd like to.....
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

  10. #29
    Banned EricCartmann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    My mom's basement
    Posts
    8,010
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    I know you'd like to.....

    I do love you guys... NOT "liked to".. DO!

  11. #30
    Banned EricCartmann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    My mom's basement
    Posts
    8,010
    do all of you SEE how SeanK always likes to make it a Gay thing??? I know why he does it.. ask me why

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Sponsors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. CZ Scorpion EVO 3 Pistol
    By Michael01 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 11-05-2017, 01:34 PM
  2. China's ghost cities
    By tk in forum Politicking
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-30-2011, 03:38 PM
  3. New CZ Carbines: S805A and Skorpion EVO III
    By variablebinary in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 04-28-2010, 10:55 PM
  4. 7.62x39 XCR with Elite Iron Bravo 1 Can
    By jp_colt in forum 7.62x39mm
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-29-2009, 08:31 PM