Hey Bravo.....Did You Say You've Run The Ghost Evo Elite 3.5?
Like Tree50Likes
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey Bravo.....Did You Say You've Run The Ghost Evo Elite 3.5?

Hey Bravo.....Did You Say You've Run The Ghost Evo Elite 3.5?

Got a friend who needs two connectors for a G30 Gen 4 and a Gen 2 G17.

I was just going to tell him to get the Ghost Rocket, but the literature on the Pro 3.3 and Evo Elite 3.5 have me wondering which one will give the shortest overall travel, shortest reset and a fairly light pull (all are around 3.5 lbs).

Any feedback? I think you'd been using the Tactical...but I thought it was a 4 lb. All I see now is a 5#. But maybe I'm mis-remembering.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Actually, you're right on all 3. I bought Rockets for me, and later, when the Tacticals came out, I bought a couple of those for the kids - I wanted to see if I liked them better than the Rockets anyways.
    Nope!
    Then when the Evo Elites came out, I bought a couple of them to try. The thing of 'no wall' really sounded great. But there's a trade-off. I couldn't get them to have as short of a reset as with the Rockets, and I figured out that losing the wall-effect wasn't nearly as big of a deal for me (on a polished fire control group) as what the lack of reset distance was.

My solution was to send back the Evo Elites and the Tacticals, and trade them for more Rockets.
    They credit your account the full purchase price of whatever you send in, so I got more Rockets in trade than just one-for-one replacements.

I do want to make this clear though - I didn't do anything because of price. I just prefer the Rockets more. And I set up a 'blind' test for my wife with all 3 of those connectors, she preferred the Rocket as well.

All of that aside, I didn't care for the Evo Elite, but I wouldn't stick my nose up at the Tactical. It was good too, and the difference between it and the Rocket was really pretty minimal. I just figured I'd buy what we like, and have consistency between all the Glocks.
    Do you really think we want laws to be observed? We want them broken. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be crimes that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants law-abiding citizens? Pass the kind of laws that can’t be observed, enforced, or objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo View Post
    Actually, you're right on all 3. I bought Rockets for me, and later, when the Tacticals came out, I bought a couple of those for the kids - I wanted to see if I liked them better than the Rockets anyways.
    Nope!
    Then when the Evo Elites came out, I bought a couple of them to try. The thing of 'no wall' really sounded great. But there's a trade-off. I couldn't get them to have as short of a reset as with the Rockets, and I figured out that losing the wall-effect wasn't nearly as big of a deal for me (on a polished fire control group) as what the lack of reset distance was.

My solution was to send back the Evo Elites and the Tacticals, and trade them for more Rockets.
    They credit your account the full purchase price of whatever you send in, so I got more Rockets in trade than just one-for-one replacements.

I do want to make this clear though - I didn't do anything because of price. I just prefer the Rockets more. And I set up a 'blind' test for my wife with all 3 of those connectors, she preferred the Rocket as well.

All of that aside, I didn't care for the Evo Elite, but I wouldn't stick my nose up at the Tactical. It was good too, and the difference between it and the Rocket was really pretty minimal. I just figured I'd buy what we like, and have consistency between all the Glocks.
    Thanks very much for the info. I'm not worried about price either....I want the shortest overall travel and the shortest reset. Sounds like that's still the Rocket. I get mine from RockYourGlock.com out of Colorado usually....but I might get this next set from Art directly.

Thanks again. I've got an email into Art now asking about the differences....if I get a reply, I'll post up.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Sounds good to me, but I thought Oliver was taking care of the business for the most part now?

I believe that the Tactical is supposed to have a shorter reset and travel than the Rocket, but you couldn't prove it by me. I'm not sure if it's because the weight of the Rocket is lower or what, maybe the difference is just that minute. Whatever it is, other than the pull weight (which the difference is pretty minimal too), I had a difficult time telling the difference enough to be concerned over it.

And the jewelry store I frequented has changed ownership. I can no longer bring gun parts in and have them polish the parts that I colored with a sharpie marker. And they doubled the price for firearms engraving. I'll be looking for another jewelry shop. But my point is, jewelers can polish Glock fire control parts to the point they sing. Really. If you have one there, and they don't ask stupid money (like more than 30 frn), I'd recommend it.
    Do you really think we want laws to be observed? We want them broken. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be crimes that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants law-abiding citizens? Pass the kind of laws that can’t be observed, enforced, or objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers.

Just get the Dremel out B.
    They use Red and White rouge, a small grinder like the Dremel, a 6" grinder and cloth buffing pads. A good friend had a jewelry manufacturing factory and saw them buffing jewelry all the time.
    Bravo likes this.

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"
    "It Is A Weak Man Who Urges Compromise!!"

I'm surprised that you didn't offer me a first Dremel for free.....

I've seen how even using a Dremel once can turn a person into someone they never were; the urgency to use, the continual resistance to set it down. Friends, family, and even children don't even recognize them after using a Dremel even for just a short time.

Uh, I'm not hitting too close to home am I?
    Yeah, I know you don't have a 'problem', and that you can stop any time you want to.

Just know that we're here, people that really do care about you, if you ever want to quit using that Dremel tool.
    Merlin and TexasChris like this.

"Hi! My Name is Merlin and I am Happy to be Here!'
    Bravo and TexasChris like this.

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"
    "It Is A Weak Man Who Urges Compromise!!"

I've been happy with the Apex trigger with the evo. The Apex trigger was a surprise. I didn't think I'd notice that part as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo View Post
    Sounds good to me, but I thought Oliver was taking care of the business for the most part now?

I believe that the Tactical is supposed to have a shorter reset and travel than the Rocket, but you couldn't prove it by me. I'm not sure if it's because the weight of the Rocket is lower or what, maybe the difference is just that minute. Whatever it is, other than the pull weight (which the difference is pretty minimal too), I had a difficult time telling the difference enough to be concerned over it.

And the jewelry store I frequented has changed ownership. I can no longer bring gun parts in and have them polish the parts that I colored with a sharpie marker. And they doubled the price for firearms engraving. I'll be looking for another jewelry shop. But my point is, jewelers can polish Glock fire control parts to the point they sing. Really. If you have one there, and they don't ask stupid money (like more than 30 frn), I'd recommend it.
    Beats me....thought it was still all Art.

I polish all my stuff myself. It's not hard....and if you use Mother's I don't think you can actually take off too much.

Quote Originally Posted by SLCXCR View Post
    I've been happy with the Apex trigger with the evo. The Apex trigger was a surprise. I didn't think I'd notice that part as much.
    Not following....Apex Glock trigger? Or Evo Elite from Ghost in a Glock....or something else?

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Sponsors