Forum Organization - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum Organization

Re: Forum Organization

I think the forum is organized really well.

Just a suggestion. Take it or leave it, but what about a "Notice Board" type posting where one can go to highlight a new topic, like a "What's news" type of thing where everyone can go to first and read brief outline of what's new and linked to the appropriate thread? That might be alot of work for you, but it's just a thought and I don't even know if it's possible?

I know there is a small window at the bottom of the home page but it doen't have too much info.
    O.S.O.K.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Arms View Post
    Just a suggestion. Take it or leave it, but what about a "Notice Board" type posting where one can go to highlight a new topic, like a "What's news" type of thing where everyone can go to first and read brief outline of what's new and linked to the appropriate thread? That might be alot of work for you, but it's just a thought and I don't even know if it's possible?
    I know there is a small window at the bottom of the home page but it doen't have too much info.
    I think what you're asking for already exists:

At the top there are two links:
    Show unread posts since last visit.
    and
    Show new replies to your posts.

Also, at the bottom, underneath where you said it doesn't have too much info, in stats, is a link:
    View the most recent posts on the forum.

Between the three different views of the forum I think what you're asking for already exists. That last link of "most recent posts on the forum" I think is the closest to what you're requesting.

Hope this helps.
    "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination are omnipotent. The slogan press on has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race. No person was ever honored for what he received. Honor has been the reward for what he gave." -- John Calvin Coolidge

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Lex,

yes it does cover it, but I was being lazy and trying to save a few clicks. Ho, thanks for the "Marksman" badge. All I have to do now is learn to shoot! ;D
    O.S.O.K.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Arms View Post
    Lex,

yes it does cover it, but I was being lazy and trying to save a few clicks. Ho, thanks for the "Marksman" badge. All I have to do now is learn to shoot! ;D
    It comes with the posts, eventually you'll become Expert and then XCR Guru
    "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination are omnipotent. The slogan press on has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race. No person was ever honored for what he received. Honor has been the reward for what he gave." -- John Calvin Coolidge

I have a question or problem when logging into the XCR forums to reply to a thread while in Firefox.

Scenario:
    1.) I open multiple tabs containing different threads in the XCR forums in Firefox.
    2.) I'm not logged in at this point, just reading multiple XCR forum threads in multiple tabs.
    3.) I see a thread in which I'd like to reply.
    4.) I login to XCR in that particular tab containing the thread I'd like to reply to.
    5.) For some reason, once logged in, the screen refreshes in that tab as expected, but the tab now contains a previously read and closed thread. Not the one I was in when logging in and not the one I'd like to reply to.
    6.) In other words, I'm now logged in to the XCR forum, but into a different thread that I've already read. Not the one I'd like to reply to.

I hope this makes sense.

7.) Once logged into XCR in this tab, I press the refresh button in Firefox and the screen refreshes in this tab, and then I'm in the correct thread in which I wanted to reply.

Any ideas what's going on in this scenario. BTW - I'm using Ubuntu, not Windows. I'm not sure if this also happens when using Windows, but can check Tuesday.

Marksman, expert, and Guru - I'll just have to post more frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by Juicespeare1 View Post
    Any ideas what's going on in this scenario. BTW - I'm using Ubuntu, not Windows. I'm not sure if this also happens when using Windows, but can check Tuesday.
    Interesting... I'm not really sure what could be causing it. I set my login to "stay logged in forever" so i rarely visit the forum in the logged out mode. I'm using Firefox 1.0.8 in an old version of Fedora Linu and I have never experienced this.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but if you login before viewing the forum that might help.

Quick questions re: personal messages

Is there a way to organize PM's that I send?

I know I can assign labels to ones I receive, but the ones I send stay in the Outbox and I cannot assign labels to anything in the Outbox.

Also, can I save PM's in different folders? It seems they all stay in the Inbox.

It's be great if one could organize the PM's by folders which one could create.

I'd like to move my PM's both sent and received into personal folders that I name.

Good Point Juice,

I too like organization! :
    O.S.O.K.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsors