Forum Organization - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum Organization

Re: Forum Organization

I didn't even know about the labels. ;D

I would have to say that what you're doing now is probably the extent to the capabilities of the PM system. You have to consider that the forum PM system wasn't intended to replace a fully featured email program with folders and sorting, etc.

I will keep an eye out on any plugins or something that would make the PM system a little more robust but I doubt there is much work in this area. I think most people would just say: Use email!

Sorry :-\
    "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination are omnipotent. The slogan press on has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race. No person was ever honored for what he received. Honor has been the reward for what he gave." -- John Calvin Coolidge

Lex,

THANK YOU!

Thanks for the spell checker, thank you! ;D
    O.S.O.K.

Lex,

did I thank you for the spell checker??? If I didn't, Thank You!

Is there any way to get like a 'live chat room' thing going on this forum? Just a thought???
    O.S.O.K.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Arms View Post
    Lex,

did I thank you for the spell checker??? If I didn't, Thank You!

Is there any way to get like a 'live chat room' thing going on this forum? Just a thought???
    I've looked into this before and haven't quite decided on the best technology to use. My ideal setup would be to use the old school IRC protocol and also a very simple web based interface.

The downside to chat for this kind of forum is that lots of very good information will get lost in chat. If someone asks a question and it gets answered, this will not benefit anyone else. On a forum however once a Q&A occurs it is pretty much permanently added to the forum and other folks don't have to ask the same question again.

So, in short, the idea is somewhere in the back of my mind and maybe one of these days I'll think about it some more and possibly implement it 8)

Just don't hold your breath.
    "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination are omnipotent. The slogan press on has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race. No person was ever honored for what he received. Honor has been the reward for what he gave." -- John Calvin Coolidge

Lex,
    I was thinking it might be nice to make an "Early Robinson Products" section. People could go there to ask about VEPR and M96 things. I get at least 5-10 calls a week about those related subjects, not to mention to emails...
    Resident Forum Slut

Quote Originally Posted by TerraShrewsbury View Post
    I was thinking it might be nice to make an "Early Robinson Products" section. People could go there to ask about VEPR and M96 things. I get at least 5-10 calls a week about those related subjects, not to mention to emails...
    Done. :ahoy:

Lex

I was wondering what the Stars represented ?

Terra has Purplish blue 5 stars ?? She's special ? :dontknow:
    Tzoid

not just special... super special.
    Resident Forum Slut

Quote Originally Posted by tzoid View Post
    Lex

I was wondering what the Stars represented ?

Terra has Purplish blue 5 stars ?? She's special ? :dontknow:
    Yeah, I created a member group for Robinson Armament Staff, so they all have purple stars.

Sometime next year I plan to setup some sort of donation/membership system for the forum and I'll have special stars for people that donate to support the forum... or something along those lines. :ninja:

There was a request to incrase the number of posts per page to 50. I know that there are some threads that are very heavy on images and 40 posts per page may be a lot of images on one page. Here is the compromise I have come up with:

I have increased the posts per page from 15 to 25 and have added the ability to view an entire thread on a single page (as long as the total number of posts in the thread is less than 200 posts, if there are more than 100 posts in a thread the All link will go away, it's too taxing on the server to create such large pages.)

If you have problems with this change or have other suggestions please let me know.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsors