NRA Show - Page 4
Like Tree22Likes
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: NRA Show

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    Or gotten the "new" release dates since they've both missed the end of April time frame they'd stated earlier..............
    On GB for $700....................

http://www.gunbroker.com/Item/642121237

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"
    "It Is A Weak Man Who Urges Compromise!!"

NRA Show

Quote Originally Posted by mjorin View Post
    Anybody look at the Stryke B or the CZ P10 c?
    I didn't get a chance to see it. There were so many things going on it was easy to miss.

I almost missed the Rob Arms Booth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    mjorin likes this.
    Light is fast ... fast is good

Quote Originally Posted by KiowaDriver85 View Post
    I work with some guys who have issued HK416's and they love them! The interesting part, is they recommending buying POF if you wanted a personal copy without the HK price tag. They implied heavily that they were the same thing, and that POF was possibly producing the 416 under contract for HK in the US. Anyone else ever heard something similar?
    Way back in 2005-2006 the same rumor floated around. I know Frank (owner of POF) personally and it's not true...unless something has changed in the last few years. I think where people get confused is that another POF (Pakistan Ordinance Factory maybe??) is licensed to make the MP5 (or was).

The systems (HK 416 and POF's version) aren't really similar other than being a piston design with an elevated top rail....but HK's is forged in and POF's is an add on. Now, I think HK has stolen some design cues from POF....like the bigger heat sink bbl nut. The actual piston itself on the 416 is more like the LWRC as both are spring assisted IIRC.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    On GB for $700....................

http://www.gunbroker.com/Item/642121237

Well, saw that coming. Thought Cabela's cancelled preorders so they could jack up the price from $500 to whatever the market will bear....and that's apparently at least $700. I guessed $800.

Wonder if this is some dealer's personal gun or if CZ is actually shipping these now. Time will tell.
    Merlin likes this.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Very short review of the Beretta APX: "It's no Glock". I'll write up a more detailed one in a bit.
    Merlin and mjorin like this.

The LWRC's piston system is heavily copied from the AR-18. That straight from the owners mouth to me at the NRA show when it was in Phoenix. I met him and he had a couple of rifles on this small table. Nice enough fellow.
    "Spes Mea in Deo Est"--My hope is in GOD
    The antidote for fifty enemies is one friend.--Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by TTEngineer View Post
    So the show was incredible.

Got a chance to talk with Alex himself for about 20 min.

He didn't have a whole lot on display. If memory serves he had 2 L's and 4 M's.

See pic below

Alex said that everyone should switch to the new omni brass deflector as it allows a lower gas setting on the rifle and creates a better experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm....an -M with the type 3 gas block/dial. Interesting.

Did Alex give you an indication as to how the "omni" brass deflector allows one to run lower gas settings?

NRA Show

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    Hmmm....an -M with the type 3 gas block/dial. Interesting.

Did Alex give you an indication as to how the "omni" brass deflector allows one to run lower gas settings?
    Yea the M with the buried gas block is pretty sweet.

As far as the brass deflector, he indicated that it allows less force, i.e. Lower gas, to extract the case. I assume it has to do with the angle of the deflector.

I will say that I plan to pick one up. I was running some subs in a few drills the other day and forgot that my gas was set on 1 so I was getting a lot of failure to ejects. At first I thought it was the ammo since I was running VERY cheap ammo. Then I remembered I had turned down the setting. So even if this lets me run 1 lower setting for subs, I currently run on 3, then it should allow me to run the same setting for both supers and subs. That would be a huge bonus.

Last edited by TTEngineer; 05-01-2017 at 06:39 AM.
    Light is fast ... fast is good

Quote Originally Posted by TTEngineer View Post
    Yea the M with the buried gas block is pretty sweet.

As far as the brass deflector, he indicated that it allows less force, i.e. Lower gas, to extract the case. I assume it has to do with the angle of the deflector.

I will say that I plan to pick one up. I was running some subs in a few drills the other day and forgot that my gas was set on 1 so I was getting a lot of failure to ejects. At first I thought it was the ammo since I was running VERY cheap ammo. Then I remembered I had turned down the setting. So even if this lets me run 1 lower setting for subs, I currently run on 3, then it should allow me to run the same setting for both supers and subs. That would be a huge bonus.

Hmmm....not sure I understand his logic. The deflector should have no impact on extraction as it's not a part of the gas or mechanical system *removing* cases from the chamber. The only thing that makes sense is the other buffers must more significantly impact the ejection port's size, making it smaller and harder to get out of the port. Beats me...but thanks for the info.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Sponsors