New Sig P320 X-Carry
Like Tree16Likes
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Sig P320 X-Carry

New Sig P320 X-Carry

First Sig I've seen in a while I'd actually buy....

Don't care for the slide cut out if you're not going to port the bbl. Why let the dirt in unless the gun wouldn't cycle due to weight?...and if that's the case, then the P320 Compact should have the same problem, though the video does mention that they changed cosmetics on the slide serrations and "pretension to all the slides and bbls"....whatever that means. It probably means they changed the recoil spring assembly to match the lighter weight of the slide.

Also, not a fan of the rear sight arrangement that doesn't allow BOTH mounting of a RMR type sight AND rear fixed sight. IMO, great for competition, not so great for more extreme or tactical use.
    Last edited by Sean K.; 06-04-2017 at 10:03 PM.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

To me, kinda big to be called a compact.

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"
    "It Is A Weak Man Who Urges Compromise!!"

Well compared to their X5 it IS compact, LOL.

I'm thinking if you don't want the dirt ingress slot (LOL).....buy the regular P320 compact, then buy the X-Carry grip module when it becomes available...then just put 'em together. Get the regular night sight version, a Grayguns $100 flat face trigger and you're in it the same amount of money you would be for the X-Carry....but at least you could mill for an RMR and leave the rear sight on it (in a dovetail instead of having two screws to worry about falling out into the action).

If I decide to get one, I'll have to check compatibility....as this is the route I think I'd take.

**EDIT**...oh, but you'd also have to buy 17 round mags which are about $34 each....but you could sell the 15 rounders to offset some of it.
    Merlin likes this.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    Well compared to their X5 it IS compact, LOL. I'm thinking if you don't want the dirt ingress slot (LOL)....
    Erring on the "safe" side, yah. But, most uses (not in the dirt or deployed in the desert, jungle, etc.) it'll be fine. Even so, just momentarily setting a fully enclosed semi-auto handgun on the ground (dirt) can cause reliability problems; some are more prone to others. MAC's testing shows this and I've experienced it first hand with a M&P 1.0.

buy the regular P320 compact, then buy the X-Carry grip module when it becomes available...then just put 'em together.
    Bingo. That's the beauty of Sig's modular system. But, Sig being Sig, they just had to design a striker-fired gun with high bore-axis and one that has the profile of the traditional Sig. Outside of marketing and branding, there real is no reason for it. Wish they had started with a clean slate in all regards and let form follow function.
    Sean K. likes this.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

Merlin likes this.

I've always been a fan of the sig aesthetic in general, fell in love the first time I saw an X5, but this....this is the beauty of the x5 and the practicality of the 320. I don't think it'll replace my XD's for carry but I bet one of these winds up in the stable.
    Sean K., Merlin and fmunk like this.
    Do what you've always done, get what you've always got. ----- Have gun. Will travel.

Sig ever get it's QA under control?

Finger banged a regular P320 Compact tonight.....reset is probably 3/16-1/4". GrayGuns and Apex both said they can't reduce the reset without making the gun unsafe and unreliable....so looks like a no-go for me. I've gotten really spoiled with the Glocks, M&P and PPQ. Tend to short stroke the trigger on anything that doesn't have a super short reset.
    Merlin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mjorin View Post
    Sig ever get it's QA under control?
    Never really much of an issue with their handguns. Their US made rifles were more prone to design flaws. But, what do you expect for a company who is primarily known for pistols? The Swiss made rifles vs. the US made examples are two very different animals. And the business entities that made them are also very different. Most people don't realize this and think a Sig is a Sig.

The only well known issue with their handgun are the ones that were made by the US Sig early on. That US arm now is a behemoth. Customer service is supposedly pretty decent too... evident in recent thread regarding a malfunctioning second-hand bought 716 (or was it another model?).

The P320's hammer-fired daddy, the P250, was a piece of shit. I had one. It was probably the third handgun I've ever bought. It wasn't bad because it didn't work. It was revolver reliable. But, it also came with a revolver-like trigger that took a lot of thinking to shoot right. The P320 is what they should've made back then.
    Last edited by fmunk; 06-06-2017 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    Finger banged a regular P320 Compact tonight.....reset is probably 3/16-1/4". GrayGuns and Apex both said they can't reduce the reset without making the gun unsafe and unreliable....so looks like a no-go for me. I've gotten really spoiled with the Glocks, M&P and PPQ. Tend to short stroke the trigger on anything that doesn't have a super short reset.
    That new FN is getting a lot of attention lately with many trigger tuners jumping on board.
    Sean K. likes this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsors