Reloading noob. General question. - Page 2
Like Tree10Likes
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reloading noob. General question.

Yah, I think I've settled on getting a RCBS single stage with some Inline Fabrication add-ons. Holding off to see what black friday sales there will be and keeping an eye open for used gear in the meantime.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

The hornaday single stage press also has the same bushing system to put on the dies like the their progressive press does. It does cut down on the setup time after the first time. Its a quick 1/4ish turn to install and remove. For me, that makes the bushing system worth it even with the added cost of getting the extra bushing for every single die that you use. More information to think about and Lee has something in concept also like the Hornady.
    As a noob, that sold the thing for me, consistency in all steps because it goes back in the after it was set up. IE set and forget it, unless you want to make a change.

Quote Originally Posted by jbsmwd View Post
    The hornaday single stage press also has the same bushing system to put on the dies like the their progressive press does. It does cut down on the setup time after the first time. Its a quick 1/4ish turn to install and remove. For me, that makes the bushing system worth it even with the added cost of getting the extra bushing for every single die that you use. More information to think about and Lee has something in concept also like the Hornady.
    As a noob, that sold the thing for me, consistency in all steps because it goes back in the after it was set up. IE set and forget it, unless you want to make a change.
    I have thought about the Lock-N-Load dies and conversions. Decided to pass. All the calibers I have, too many bushing to buy. It'll add up. Plus, I won't be reloading for volume. I don't get to shoot as much as I'd like. Which is why I came to the conclusion that I don't need a progressive. If I reload the calibers in batches, the time saves switching dies with LNL won't be that important. I think I'd rather spend that money on a good automatic powder dispenser, Inline Fabrication shell ejector and/or ultrasonic cleaner. Time savings there will be more significant.
    Last edited by fmunk; 09-10-2017 at 02:05 AM.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsors