XCR Forum banner

Has Anyone Tried the 20 Round CProducts X39 Mags?

3K views 27 replies 5 participants last post by  mjorin 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Could you take a look at the link and blow up the product picture? Sure looks like it has the ] cut out to me....but I'm not sure.

#8 · (Edited)
Just noticed your sig line.....

Any opinion on the last redacted files from the Warren Commission and other investigations were supposed to be released in Oct 2017....and now have gone missing from the National Archives?

Sure sounds more and more like an inside job...CIA, LBJ and Bush Sr.

Reactions: Merlin
#11 ·
Apparently not....

https://www.metabunk.org/debunked-t...o-enslave-every-man-woman-and-child-jfk.t319/

There are many things JFK was supposed to be "about to do" which supposedly led to his assassination. One was that he was about to remove us from the central banking system; another was his oft quoted "secret societies are repugnant to a free people" speech that some interpreted (incorrectly, IMO) that he planned to do away with the CIA or at least revamp it, etc.

#12 ·
Ya, seemed like he just really wanted the press to censor themselves in regard to the cold war to me, having just listened to it out of curiosity.

E.T.A. I was curious about the quote because it sounded too extreme to me. I got the same hits as you Sean which didn't surprise me.

#13 ·
Funny thing about the "secret societies" speech is that while he was talking about Communism and the press.....it totally applies to the world we live in today regarding our own shadow government and the atrocities they commit in our names. Too bad most people don't recognize that fact. :(

#16 ·
I highly doubt anyone's offended....

If you've been around the site for any of the past political discourse, you'd fine that what is paramount here is finding the truth. Most of us learned early on from some great teachers (like Tom and Lance, to name a few) that if your position was proven false, it wasn't a bad thing....it was a chance to learn, improve and change your world view to something that actually meshed with the facts. If one has a very rigid personal philosophy....that is absolutely fine as well....provided they can defend that philosophy and don't dismiss that with which they simply don't agree.

#17 ·
BTW....

I ordered 4 of the 20 rnd X39 ASC mags from GunMagWarehouse....should be here this next week and I'll try them out next weekend. Caveat: I will be trying them out (along with my previously working ASC 30 rounders) in a brand new XCR 10" x39 bbl for a mini upper. So....if I have failures to feed...most likely they will be attributable to the mags....but any other malfs would likely just be the new bbl/bolt. I *should* probably bring the 16" complete X39 rifle I bought back in 2012 and haven't shot much since....it ran 100% with the 30 rounders....as a control, but I have a bunch of stuff I am tweaking and doubt I'll have time or room to bring it as well.

#19 ·
Got my 4 20 round ASC mags. Ran them in my X39 10" mini upper today. No failures. Ran great....so did the ASC 30 rounders. No failures there either. They both (20 and 30 rounders) seemed crappy when loading.....bullets don't seem to seat firmly...seem to jostle around and get crooked....but they ran 100%, so I guess it's fine.

Reactions: Merlin
#21 ·
The approximately twenty 30 rounders I bought back in (IIRC) 2012 have it. The new ones have a much more subtle one but the follower tilts much more heavily when you load the rounds. Frankly, when you load them they seem like absolute pieces of shit....the cartridges have very little tension on them. Unloading one of the mags last night by hand was comical.....you could almost just turn the mag over and shake it and rounds would fall out. I have no idea how they work in spite of the lack of tension and alignment these mags seem to give.

#23 ·
Ya...in spite of the fact that it works, it is NOT confidence inspiring. I soooo wish RA would make an AK mag lower with some steel reinforced lips for the magwell. But....that's not likely to ever happen. :(

Friend just bought a M+M Industries (out of Colorado) M10X after I turned him on to it. Looks like a promising design.....though the gaping hole in the sides for the ambi charging handle are just begging to let dirt into the action. Their design/thought process reminds me a lot of RA....take the best designs of several rifles and roll them into one....and emails are simply unanswered, LOL. ;) Not nearly as modular, but apparently bbls do just screw on similar to an AR so theoretically, bbl changes should be fairly straight forward (obviously not anything as easy as RA's.....but caliber swaps have never been a big deal to me....it's the ease of removing the bbl to smith them that I really like).

#25 ·
Went by the booth a couple years ago at SHOT and was not very impressed 9and mind you I was pretty excited to see this rifle). The dork at the booth didn't know jack. When I inquired about the adjustable gas, he said it came with one setting and several other blanks to drill your own. WTH?

#26 ·
M+M claims a 7+ lbs weight....the Elite is 8.5. My buddy said is M10X was heavy....has to be more than 7.5 lbs was his *guess*.

#28 ·
The example gun there was very rough and unfinished. It looked hodge podge. And he showed us the gas dial and at that point only 2 holes and a few blanks. I'm surprised they didn't expect me to cut the rifling. You only get one first impression. And remember, I was excited to see this rifle, took forever to even find the booth.

Reactions: Sean K.
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.