What ammo to use as break in ammo

Thread: What ammo to use as break in ammo

What ammo to use as break in ammo

Ok I should be getting my XCR in this week (Im praying I get it this week) so I was wondering what ammo to use to break it in with. The website says American Eagle but is their anything else that can be used? What should the load be for optimal break in use? I am sure their is a thread for this already but I am a noob and searched and didnt find it. Please guide me oh XCR gods. Thanks
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -Thomas Jefferson-

"The only real power comes out of a long rifle."
    -Joseph Stalin-

Jack A Sol

Re: What ammo to use as break in ammo

yeah, there are like 5 threads on this somewhere, but when I enter "break in ammo" in the search I didn't get anything either. then I tried searching from the forum home page and got a bunch of threads.

answer...

High impulse ammo. something hot.

the logic behind that it to cycle the action firmly and allow it to wear faster i guess.

frankly, tho I dont think it makes a lot of difference, if you are aware that you may experience some failures till it does in fact break in. Mil surp was what I used myself, on the first gun then the second got broken in by Terra for me, and by the time I got it, it ran just fine with barnaul and wolf as well.

my advice is to run it until it runs right. dont stop with "200" rounds. get some rounds thru it and have fun. put 400 thru it, then check all screws and bolts for tightness and lock tight any that seem questionable or loose (except the barrel bolt)

Any ammo that is hot will do

Make sure you lube it and have checked everything is tight before you go to the range then shoot it on setting 4 for atleast 200 round and the if you have not had any problems you could go down to setting 3. After your break-in loctite anything that should not need to be removed
    Speak soflty and carry a big stick...and if that dont work, start yellin and grab a shotgun!

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Alex, says American Eagle. Gas set on 4. I used Eagle, Federal, Lake City and yes, even some Wolf! 260 rounds used, 1(1) stovepipe (from rapid fire), 100 yards, open sights 3 shooters, open sights, 3 misses.......Gas set on 4! WE BAD! Our XCR's ROCK! as Our younger owners say. Long time ago, I asked Alex how long I should take to break it in. Alex says that he has "burned them up", shot the 300 over hours, even days, nothing seems to bother Our XCR's. FANTASTIC! I love them!

Quote Originally Posted by Croaker View Post
    Ok I should be getting my XCR in this week (Im praying I get it this week) so I was wondering what ammo to use to break it in with. The website says American Eagle but is their anything else that can be used? What should the load be for optimal break in use? I am sure their is a thread for this already but I am a noob and searched and didnt find it. Please guide me oh XCR gods. Thanks

Sponsors